Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transferring from ACDSee Pro 3 (Mac) to Beta version

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Transferring from ACDSee Pro 3 (Mac) to Beta version

    Dear all,

    I have just downloaded the Beta version, due to the incompatibility between Pro 3 and MacOS Sierra.

    Although I can open my (edited) pictures in Beta, I've lost all categories and keywords. Therefore I have two questions:
    - how can I retrieve the keywords ? Do I need to backup my database in Pro 3 and then restore them in Beta ? I am not familiar with this, and those keywords are quite important since I have a large collection to maintain.
    - noticed that the slideshow function only shows the pictures in actual resolution, not full screen. Is there somewhere an option or setting I need to adjust to have them automatically zoomed to screen size ?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

  • #2
    Hi Dragonking,

    Thank you for your feedback.
    Yes, you need to backup your database in Pro 3 and then restore in Beta.
    Currently, there is no option to automatically zoom to screen size in Slideshow.

    Best regards,
    David

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi David,

      Thanks for replying.

      I tried to backup and restore the database, but ran into some issues. Backing up the database from Pro 3 created 3 files (1 database file of 5 Gb, 1 .shm file, and 1 (empty) .wal file). I tried to restore the database file into Beta, but the program stalled. Several tries led to the same result; I had to force stop Beta.

      Would appreciate your help on this.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi Dragonking,

        Thank you for your feedback.

        How long did you wait before you force quit the app?
        In Activity Monitor, is ACDSee listed in red as "Not Responsive"? If not, then it is still working, it just needs more time.

        Best regards,
        David

        Comment


        • #5
          David,

          I waited about 10min.... it was indeed marked as 'not responsive' from the very start of the restore function.... I decided to keep the program running till my memory consumption reached 12 Gb (and I have 16 Gb RAM), as it was slowly building up....
          In order to make sure I did everything well, I deleted the old files and repeated a new backup from Pro 3 and tried to restore that backup into Beta, but each time I ran into the same issue.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi Dragonking,

            Thank you for getting back to me on this. We are currently investigating this issue.
            Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you at the moment for restoring your Pro 3 database to Beta 6. Please stay tuned.

            Best regards,
            David

            Comment

            Working...
            X