Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring from ACDSee Pro 3 (Mac) to Beta version

Dear all,

I have just downloaded the Beta version, due to the incompatibility between Pro 3 and MacOS Sierra.

Although I can open my (edited) pictures in Beta, I've lost all categories and keywords. Therefore I have two questions:
    - how can I retrieve the keywords ? Do I need to backup my database in Pro 3 and then restore them in Beta ? I am not familiar with this, and those keywords are quite important since I have a large collection to maintain.
    - noticed that the slideshow function only shows the pictures in actual resolution, not full screen. Is there somewhere an option or setting I need to adjust to have them automatically zoomed to screen size ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Dragonking,

Thank you for your feedback.
    Yes, you need to backup your database in Pro 3 and then restore in Beta.
    Currently, there is no option to automatically zoom to screen size in Slideshow.

Best regards,
    David

Comment

Hi David,

Thanks for replying.

I tried to backup and restore the database, but ran into some issues. Backing up the database from Pro 3 created 3 files (1 database file of 5 Gb, 1 .shm file, and 1 (empty) .wal file). I tried to restore the database file into Beta, but the program stalled. Several tries led to the same result; I had to force stop Beta.

Would appreciate your help on this.

Comment

Hi Dragonking,

Thank you for your feedback.

How long did you wait before you force quit the app?
        In Activity Monitor, is ACDSee listed in red as "Not Responsive"? If not, then it is still working, it just needs more time.

Best regards,
        David

Comment

David,

I waited about 10min.... it was indeed marked as 'not responsive' from the very start of the restore function.... I decided to keep the program running till my memory consumption reached 12 Gb (and I have 16 Gb RAM), as it was slowly building up....
          In order to make sure I did everything well, I deleted the old files and repeated a new backup from Pro 3 and tried to restore that backup into Beta, but each time I ran into the same issue.

Comment

Hi Dragonking,

Thank you for getting back to me on this. We are currently investigating this issue.
            Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you at the moment for restoring your Pro 3 database to Beta 6. Please stay tuned.

Best regards,
            David

Comment

Any news on the status of above issue ?
              Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi...
                as I'm also interested in a solution for this issue I'd like to share my experiences:
                I've tried to restore the database from Pro3 to Beta. Originally the database had a size of 1.7GB, with the optimization feature of Pro3 I managed to reduce the size to about 300MB. When trying to restore the database acdc-beta always has to run in foreground. Any work with other apps will stop acdc beta and it does not show any further response. With keeping the Beta during the restore process always in foreground the memory runs full until the system forces me to close any further apps which anyway did not lead to a successful restore. In activity monitor of the macbook it was visible that the "memory pressure" had run into the critical range, the beta was not responsive anymore and I had to force stop the Beta. The issue also happens in the latest Beta version (7).
                Any news and solution is highly appreciated.
                thanks in advance.
                Kathrein
                Last edited by Lithops71; 09-02-2017, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                  I just downloaded Beta 8 and tried to retrieve the keywords and categories from Pro 3 by database restore. Unfortunately nothing happened - no import of categories and / or keywords.
                  Please advice how I can get categories and keywords from Pro 3 into Beta 8.
                  Thanks ins advance.
                  Kathrein

Comment

Hi Kathrein,

Thank you for your feedback. May I ask for more detail? After you began, did the progress bar appear to indicate the Restore operation was running?
                    Previously you mentioned the memory pressure entered the critical range when restoring a database. Did you experience this memory issue again with Beta 8?

Best regards,
                    David

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonking View Post
                      Any news on the status of above issue ?
                      Thanks in advance.

Hi Dragonking,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Beta 8 is now available. The developers worked hard to improve the memory management when restoring a database.
                      Please give it a try and let us know the results.

Best regards,
                      David

Comment

Downloaded and installed Beta 8, but no improvements noted. When trying to restore my old database, there seems to be no progress. I can not determine if ACD See is actually performing any action, despite having the program in the background for 24hrs (constant memory usage of 2 Gb). Loaded files from my old database still miss all keywords and properties. Thanks to revert with further troubleshooting.

Comment

Working...
                        X