Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ACDSee can not be used as an External Editor in Aperture.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSee can not be used as an External Editor in Aperture.

Aperture has the ability to use an "external editor" from within itself. This is VERY useful when a certain feature is not possible any other way. For example: Aperture can not adjust the geometry of a picture, but it looks like ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac BETA can. Unfortunately when I try to us ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac BETA as the External Editor in Aperture's preferences, ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac BETA will open when that particular item on the Aperture menu is selected .... but it only just simply opens the app without opening the actual picture which was selected. I have been using this feature in Aperture for a long time with Adobe Elements. Here is how that one works:
    1. In Aperture I select a picture with a geometry issue (e.g. tall buildings leaning)
    2. Photoshop Elements opens up the same picture and provides all the editing feature of the app.
    3. When I am finished, I simply close the picture (Photoshop will ask if I want to save the edited picture, and I say YES)
    4. I get switched back to Aperture and find the edited picture within Aperture.
    It would be great if you could fix the problem and allow ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac BETA to work as an External Editor with Aperture.

Hi Tahunga,

Thank you for your feedback. This issue has been logged in our internal bug tracking system.

Regards,
    David

Comment

I'm also really impressed with "Photo Studio for Mac 3". Almost a replacement for the sadly dead Picasa. There are features in Picasa which aren't here yet such as creating posters and collages. Can you consider passing the the paths of selected files to the "External Editor". I can write a script in python or bash to create the poster or collage.

Comment

Hi David,

I am sure you know ...... Version 4 of ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac BETA still does not work as an External Editor with Aperture. I know you said you added it to the internal bug tracking system. Just hope it does not get lost. Until this feature works, ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac is not going to be very useful for me, as I use Aperture to "manage my huge number of pictures" as ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac is great to edit pictures but not very useful to manage them. So if I want to edit pictures using ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac I have to first export them out of Aperture, then edit them, and then take them back into Aperture.

Regards,

Tahunga

Comment

I can't remember if I mentioned that Aperture can use not only ONE External Editor, but an unlimited number of "Plug-Ins" to enhance the editing functionality (similar to Photoshop and others). I know that at the moment, ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac BETA can not be used as either an External Editor or a Plug-in. It would be great if it could. And between the two options, I would definitively prefer if I could load ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac BETA as a plug-in. At the moment I use two versions of Aurora HDR, and SnapHeal CK as plug-ins as well as Photoshop Elements as an External Editor. That combination provides a great set of editing tools. Now if I could also add ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac BETA as a Plug-in, I would have to say "Oh Wow" !!

Comment

Working...
          X