Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renaming pictures

in organize view:
    renaming does not work (only through link to finder - and then the empty old file is kept)

Hi Beno62:

Thank you for your feedback. When you refer to organize view are you referring to filtering by ACDSee metadata? Does this occur with every type of image (RAW and JPG)? Does this occur every time? Does this occur for every section of organize (i.e. Categories, ratings, etc.)?

Cheers,

Colby

Comment

Hi, I found rename folder worked, with cmd-alt-ret (shortcut shown on menu), but can't do normal mac double click or <return> to select renaming.

Also had the problem of deleted sub-folder remaining in the list, even after a <cmd-r> and navigating up and back down to dir location.

Keep up the good work. Cheers

Baz

System info:
      ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac Beta v4.0.262)
      MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris 1536 MB
      OS-X El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G1217)
      Images all stored on internal SSD

Comment

I had no problem with renaming photos on the Manage tab by clicking with two fingers on pad or right clicking with two button mouse. Either one pops up a menu with Rename in the menu and it all seemed to work smoothly. The only issue is that after you rename the file, the file name shown at the bottom of the Manage window does not update until you move to another picture. It probably should update as soon as you finish updating the name. The new name does show up under the photo ... just not at the bottom of the Manage window.

Comment

I loved the Windows version of ACD for years and am pleased to see a serious effort to update the Mac version. Thanks.

In the manage view, I am unable to rename files when importing from an sd card. They import with the original name. Importing from an iPhone does not work. No files are imported.

Comment

Hi everyone:

Thank you for your feedback. With regards to the issue of the name not updating in the bottom section of ACDSee, I've filed the bug into our internal bug tracking system for our developers to fix.

jlciv: When you are importing from an iPhone, are you running any batch operations or renaming the files in any way? What image format are you importing from your SD card?

Cheers,

Colby

Comment

Hello,

I tried importing only one iphone photo without renaming. The photo was not imported.

I am importing .jpg images from the SD card. Tried the same process of only importing one photo, but attempting to rename date/time. The photo imported but was not renamed.

Thanks,

jlciv

Comment

Beta 4: iPhone photos are now renaming on import. Camera with SD card will correctly rename on importing with a USB connection. Importing from an SD card reader imports, but does not rename.

Comment

Hi jlciv:

What type of token are you using in the rename field when importing with an SD card?

Cheers,

​Colby

Comment

I tried three cameras. The iPhone renamed photos correctly. However my other two cameras correctly renamed photos with a USB cable and both failed with SD cards (different cards). I used the Date/Time token taken in all cases.

Thanks for your effort on this.

Joe

Comment

Working...
                    X