This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta 3 Now Available

ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac Beta 3 is now available for download. Thank you for helping make ACDSee better.

We're working hard towards the next Beta.

Regards,
    The ACDSee Team

Sign up to try ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac BETA and let us know if you have any feedback.

Here's an idea, how about listing what was changed in Beta 3. Brilliant idea, I think.

Comment

Hello,

Release notes are available on this page.

Cheers,
      Mark

Sign up to try ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac BETA and let us know if you have any feedback.

Comment

Since updating to bata 3, I no longer have thumbnails, I have to open each file to view. Can I roll back to bata 2 ??
        Last edited by photomagoo; 03-18-2017, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Hi photomagoo,

Thank you for your feedback. Could you provide more details?

1) What do you see in the file list? Is it completely empty? Is there any message? Are there placeholder icons with the ACDSee logo in it?
          2) Are you missing thumbnails for all your photos? Or only ones you had viewed in Beta 2?
          3) Where are your images that are missing thumbnails located, e.g. local drive, network, removable drive, etc?

Please note Beta 2 is no longer available.

Thanks,
          David

Comment

David, thanks for responding. Interestingly there is no issue on removable drives. But on the Mac book Pro local HD, no message just file name under ACDSee icon place holders. The images are accessible by clicking on the thumbnail placeholder, actually seems its the same issue that ACDSee Mac Pro3 had after the 10.12 OS update.

Comment

Hi photomagoo,

Thanks for replying with this additional information.

Can you please do the following:
              1) In ACDSee, open the Preferences menu (Command-,), and Reset all preferences to default.
              2) Now open the Tools menu and select Empty Database (NOTE: this will delete all info in your ACDSee database and force restart the app). Let ACDSee restart.
              3) In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder, and enter the following path: "~/Library/Application Support/ACD Systems/ACDSeePhotoStudioBeta"
              4) Please confirm the database file is present: "com.ACDSystems.ACDSeePhotoStudioBeta (version 7.0).mediaDatabase"
              5) Please right-click the Database file and select Get Info. In the Sharing & Permissions section, please confirm you have Read & Write privileges.
              6) Now in ACDSee, please spend a minute browsing some local folders that contain images by clicking on the folder in the Folder tree "Devices" section (please do not use the "Favorites" section)
              7) Quit the app and wait 10 seconds (to make sure the process is ended). Then launch the app again.

Questions:
              1) After doing the above, in Finder, please check the Date Modified of the database files (com.ACDSystems.ACDSeePhotoStudioBeta (version 7.0).mediaDatabase*). Are they being updated?
              2) To confirm, is every image on your local HD missing the thumbnail? Or only certain ones?
              3) When the file list shows placeholder icons, does the Refresh command do anything (Command-R, or View > Refresh)?

Thanks in advance,
              David

Comment

David, I followed your directions step by step, when I tried to do #6 all local and external folders showed nothing and said no files present. I went back and reset preferences to default again and all folders now show all thumbnails, no placeholders. I closed the app, relaunched and all appears to be working properly.
                Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

Hi photomagoo,

Thanks for doing this and getting back to me.
                  I'm glad to hear it's working properly, but I'm still concerned about what caused the problem.

Do you recall if you changed any Preferences? There is a known issue in Beta 3 that thumbnails will be missing if the "Show Folders" preference is disabled (in Preferences > Manage > Filter). This will be fixed in the next Beta.
                  Also, do you recall if you changed the thumbnail display size (e.g. by moving the slider at the bottom of the file list)?

Thanks,
                  David

Comment

David, I did not change any preferences in bata 3. However I did disable the "show folders" preference in bata 1 which likely carried forward in the subsequent beta versions. I just checked and it is still disabled.

Comment

Regarding the thumbnail slider (I should really read the entire message before replying). If I adjust the thumbnail size I use the +/- not the slider. I find the slider too sensitive.

Comment

Hi photomagoo,

Thanks for your reply. I think the "Show Folders" setting was the cause of the issue.
                        Regarding the thumbnail slider, its behaviour is similar to the slider in Finder's "icon view". But I do note your feedback that it is too sensitive.

May I ask, do you like to adjust the thumbnail display size in ACDSee? If so, what size(s) do you like? Do you ever use the minimum (32) or the maximum (320) size?

Best regards,
                        David

Comment

David, I don't use Finder to view photos, do everything in acdsee. I rarely need to adjust the thumbnail size, sometimes when switching between the desk 27" screen to 15" laptop screen on the road. I like very minimalist thumbnails, no frames no borders or spacing and I try to have a minimum of 5 per row, anymore on the laptop screen and their to small.

Comment

Working...
                          X