Batch > Rename issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch > Rename issue

I successfully renamed a number of pictures using the Batch function.

After that was done, I found some more pictures in the same folder which needed to be renamed as well. Since the batch function does not allow me to start the counter at a number higher than 1 (at least not that I could see it) I simply ran the batch rename function again for only the additional pictures, causing some pictures to be duplicates. Those pictures were renamed with the word copy added. After the batch rename was finished, the pictures looked like this in the View window, with some of them not showing the pre-view icon:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Batch-issue-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	41413

My third step was then to highlight all pictures with the same name and use one more time the Batch-Rename function as before, typing in the name "Diavolezza" and then adding the counter function. I hoped that all pictures with the name Diavolezza would be re-numbered and end up with a complete number sequence. However, that step froze:

Name:	Batch-issue.jpg
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	41412

Looks to me like a bug in the re-name/re-number function.

I found another issue with the Batch > Rename function. Today I highlighted a number of pictures

Name:	Batch-Rename 1.jpg
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	41456

Then selected Batch>Rename and added "Dive-" ahead of the standard "Name" button:

Name:	Batch-Rename 2.jpg
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	41455

Then I clicked on the "Run Batch" button.......and ACDSee crashed. I sent the crash report to Apple. Unfortunately it is too big to attach it to this post.

After the report was sent, ACDSee restarted. I did step-by-step the same thing, and this second time it worked just fine.

Next I selected a different set of pictures which were not continuous

Name:	Batch-Rename 3.jpg
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	41457

Then again I clicked on Batch>Rename, and as before added "Dive-" ahead of the standard "Name" button. This time (and all the following tests which were similar) the batch-rename worked just fine.

........No idea why it crashed the first time ... but I will continue to look for the bug....

Comment

Hi Tahunga:

Thank you for your detailed feedback. Regarding the counter token issue using batch rename, we have filed this issue into our internal bug tracking system. Referring to your second issue, I haven't come across this bug, but I will definitely delve into it further. Please keep us updated if you find it becomes reproducible. Thanks again!

Cheers,

Colby

Comment

Working...
      X