Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All menus disabled after launch. Unable to use app.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All menus disabled after launch. Unable to use app.

I have installed the latest beta twice, and even gone through the reset steps, but every time I launch the beta, all of the menus are disabled. I am absolutely unable to use the app.

My Aperture and Photos libraries are not on my boot partition. They're on a separate internal drive.

Any ideas?

Mac Pro (Early 2008)
    OS X 10.11.6 (15G1421)
    16GB RAM
    AMD R9 xxx 2048 MB Graphics Card
    **lots** of HDD space

You just need to have admin rights.
    I've installed ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac BETA v 3 (build 289) yesterday and run into the same issue. With admin rights everything works fine.
    Hope thats just for the beta ?!

First impression: Looks pretty good and its much better than other tools like Photos or Lightroom where you first have to import Pictures in the DB.

Comment

didn't see that one coming. yes. I keep admin rights separate to all of my usual accounts including my own. I'll try that but I hope the company changes the requirements. it feels 'dangerous' when the app requires admin rights.

Comment

Hi Gregory and swillman,

Thank you for your feedback. Could you provide some more detail regarding the issue you experienced?

1) To confirm, you ran the installer as a "Standard" user?
        2) During the installation, did you provide valid credentials of an "Administrator" user when prompted?
        3) During the installation, did you change the installation location to a non-default location? If so, where?
        4) After installation, did you move the .app folder or any other ACDSee files/folders?

Thanks,
        David

Comment

Hi David,

here is my confirmation:
          1) To confirm, you ran the installer as a "Standard" user? Yes.
          2) During the installation, did you provide valid credentials of an "Administrator" user when prompted? Yes.
          3) During the installation, did you change the installation location to a non-default location? If so, where? No, I used the default installation location.
          4) After installation, did you move the .app folder or any other ACDSee files/folders? No, I didn't moved the .app folder. I just try to start the App from the Lunchpad.

Hope that helps,

Brgds,

Stephan

Comment

I have had exactly the same experience with the latest and previous betas. I have also tried deleting the preference files etc but still cannot get anything other than greyed out menu items.

I am running El Capitan 10.11.6 on a late 2009 iMac quad i7 with 12GB RAM

Comment

I have just uninstalled Beta 3 and tried Beta 4. I have exactly the same problem, all menus except Help are greyed out.

Comment

Beta 4. Same.

Logged in as regular user.
                Deleted all traces of beta 3.
                Ran beta 4 installer.
                Entered admin details when requested during install.
                Install successful.
                Launched beta 4.

All menus greyed out.

If I then log in to an admin account, I can launch beta 4 and it works as expected. It's the first time I've seen the Pictures window.

Please correct this behaviour. It should not be necessary to log in as admin to use the app.

I'll might wait until the next beta
                Last edited by Gregory; 04-21-2017, 12:16 AM.

Comment

I now have beta 4 working in my normal user account.

I first switched to an admin account and installed beta 4, which worked fine. I then closed that instance and returned to my user account and started beta 4 again. This time I had a beachball immediately on startup. Force-quit the app and started it again and the app started as it should.

This will be a show stopper for many if it isn't sorted soon - I nearly gave up on beta testing.

Comment

I have just received an e-mail inviting me to try ACDSee beta 4.
                    So I deleted all previous versions and downloaded Beta 4..
                    The installer said it had been installed successfully.
                    Then I got a message to say "Your beta of ACDSee Beta has expired" - Click Quit or Continue.
                    (Been there before so I took a screen shot first, appended) Clicked continue.
                    ACDSee crashed and deposited me at this forum site.

MacPro (late 2013) with 16 GByte of memory and 218 GByte of SSD free.
                    MacOS 10.12.4

Anyone know how to resolve this? I do have Admin rights.

Tim

Comment

Working...
                    X