I came across a somewhat strange "behaviour of the Film Strip"

Here is what I did:

I Opened ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac BETA and selected a specific picture:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Filmstrip-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	41528

Next I double-clicked on that picture to see it in the View mode.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Filmstrip-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	41529

Note that the film strip DOES NOT SHOW the picture I selected. What I found strange is that when I tried to "SNAGIT" the window, or use the Apple screen capture app, the image pre-view appeared in the film strip on the screen but not in the capture image. Pretty weird.

I also opened the image in the Develop window and the same thing happened.

Regardless of the weird behaviour, I would like to see the picture in the film strip when I select it in the Manage view and then double click on it. I hate to have to scroll through the film strip just to see it there. I know, it is in the actual picture window ..... but if I saw it in the film strip, I could understand and see its "neighbours" and the sequence of the pictures.

Hope this makes sense.

Attached Files

Hi Tahunga:

Thank you for your feedback. Have you come across this issue in the latest beta?

Cheers,

Colby

Comment

Hi Colby,

In the latest BETA the behaviour is "kind of" fixed. Specifically, when I double click on a picture in the Manage window, it opens in View mode AND the same picture is shown either at the very beginning or the very end of the visible film-strip. If you move downwards through the pictures in the Manage window, the same picture shows up at the END of the visible film-strip. If you move up in the Manage window looking for a given picture and then double click on it, the selected picture will show up at the very beginning of the visible film-strip portion. Pretty weird, but perfectly fine to work with.

Cheers,

Tahunga

Comment

UPDATE: Now that I am running BETA 4 I did some more testing about this issue. It is unfortunate that I still have SERIOUS problems uploading screen images into the bug reporter. So you might just have to try and follow my words, describing the process/bug:

Here is what I do, and what happens:
        1. Open BETA 4, and go to the folder which contains a nice set of pictures to use in my test (in my case I have about 200 pictures in the selected folder);
        2. Double click on a pix so it opens in the VIEW mode;
        3. This first time only (after starting ACDSee) the filmstrip is shown from the very beginning of the pictures in the selected folder, i.e. pictures 1 through 12 in my case. If the selected picture (i.e. the one shown in VIEW mode) is past position 12 in the selected folder, it will not show up in the visible portion of the film strip;
        4. I found two ways to get the image of the selected picture to show up in the film strip:
          1. Click on the "Next Image" arrow in the left upper corner of the VIEW window, and then click on the "Previous Image" arrow. That move from one to the other image makes the film strip align with the actual picture viewed; or
          2. Click on the "Develop" tab so the selected image opens in the editing mode, and then, without doing anything else, click on the "VIEW" tab again. And just like magic, the film strip aligns itself and shows the selected picture.
        5. Once the film strip is aligned (i.e. the selected picture is shown), it will stay aligned!!! until you re-start ACDSee BETA. In other words, once it is aligned, you can go to the Manage window and double click on any image, and the visible portion of the film strip in the following VIEW window will the selected image;
        6. The comment I made in the previous post still stands. I.e. If you move downwards through the pictures in the Manage window, the same picture shows up as the LAST image of the visible film-strip. If you move up in the Manage window looking for a given picture and then double click on it, the selected picture will show up at the very beginning of the visible film-strip portion.
        Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,

....Tahunga

Comment

Hey Tahunga:

Thank you for the update. Those are really good issues and I've logged them in our bug tracking system.

Cheers,

Colby

Comment

Working...
          X