Optimize database runs out of memory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimize database runs out of memory

Tried to optimize the database. The app ran for hours and finally came back with 'system out of application memory' and I had to force quit. Late model iMac with 32 G memory, Latest Sierra.

Originally posted by LeChiffre View Post
    The app ran for hours and finally came back with 'system out of application memory'
    Read my topic. I too discovered a memory leak. related problems?

Comment

Just to make sure I tried to optimize several times and the results are the same. Memory usage climbs from 8 GB to 24 GB, maxing out the system and requiring a force quit . See the attachments.

Comment

Hi LeChiffre and Gregory,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please note in Beta 5, the "Database Maintenance" feature has been renamed to "Optimize Database", and the previous "Optimize Database" feature has been removed.

Best regards,
        David

Comment

Originally posted by david@acd View Post
          Please note in Beta 5, the "Database Maintenance" feature has been renamed to "Optimize Database", and the previous "Optimize Database" feature has been removed.
          does that mean that the leak has been fixed in b5? (and my report didn't involve "Database Maintenance")

Comment

Hi Gregory,

The "Optimize Database" feature that existed in Beta 4 has been removed. So the memory leak is not fixed, but removed.

To be clear, there is still a command called "Optimize Database" in Beta 5, but it is not the same thing in Beta 4. The reason I mentioned "Database Maintenance" is because the command called "Database Maintenance" in Beta 4 is now called "Optimize Database" in Beta 5.

Best regards,
            David

Comment

Clear as mud but we'll figure it out eventually :-)

Comment

Working...
              X