Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photos don't appear in Manage Module anymore ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos don't appear in Manage Module anymore ...

Hello,

Interesting think happened to me today. In the past, I could open up a folder and see thumbnails of the photos. Today, I was using a card reader to load images into separate folders based on topics. I was using the Copy to Folder function. I would select the photos and use the Copy to Folder to copy them into the new folder. The first time it worked okay. On the second set of photos, ACDSee Photo Studio crashed. Re-opened and again the first set of photos copied worked fine, but again the second set crashed ACDSee. After re-starting and copying several time, I tried to look at the photos I just copied, but all I got were the place holders. If I went back to some other photos loaded previously before the crashes, they would load the picture. I removed ACDSee following the Uninstall procedure and then installed it again. That did not help. The photos copied during the crashes would not load the picture. I took somemore photos and instead of using Copy to Folder I just copied them directly from the card reader to a folder. Opened ACDSee, but could not see the photos just the place holder. I'm using Beta 6 (which was running just fine until the crashes), macOS 10.12.5 on iMac 27 inch. I have 32GB Ram and 1TB HDD with 516GB Free. My camera files are Canon CR2 using a 7D M2 Camera.

Thanks,

Dennis

Hello,

I have an Update on this bug. I copied some photos from my Canon G-15 into a folder directly from the card reader. When I opened the folder, the thumbnail of the photos where showing the photo. Also, in the properties panel, the EXIF info was displayed. So, I went to the folder where the Copy to Folder procedure Crashed several times and there was no EXIF info in the properties panel. I'm not sure, but maybe the crashes removed the EXIF info from the photo so the photo can't be displayed. Just a thought.

Thanks,

Dennis

Comment

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your feedback. I've spent some time investigating this issue with Beta 6 but I was unable to reproduce.

For my tests, I had 50 RAW Canon EOS 7D mark II images on an SD Card and connected to my Mac via a USB card reader. I tried to Copy to Folder multiple times but each time worked and the thumbnails generated correctly and metadata was displayed. I tried both copying to my local and network drive. I also tried with and without name collisions and to new folders and existing folders.

Is there anything different in my steps compared to yours?

Note that if the app fails to generate the thumbnail, the metadata will also fail to display. I don't think the metadata is getting removed due to the crash.

Best regards,
      David

Comment

Hi David,

The only difference I can see is from the USB card reader coping to different selected photos to a new folder. Here were my steps. I connected the reader to my computer and inserted the CF Card. My iMac found the card reader and displayed the icon. I then opened the ACDsee Studio Pro for Mac, and opened the folder in the Manage Module. All the photo on the CF card were displayed in the manager module. Because I had many different subjects on that card, I wanted to put them in different folders. So I selected some photos from those displayed in the manage module and using Copy to Folder copied them to a new folder using the Browse and making a New Folder in the Copy to Folder dialog box. Then click on copy. Everything went fine on the first batch of photos. Then I deselected the first photos and selected several more photos of a different subject matter. Using the Copy to Folder I created a new folder and clicked on copy. That's when ACDSee Studio Pro for Mac Crashed. I then reopeded ACSee went to the card reader and the photos were displayed again. So I repeated the Copy to Folder of photos just before the Crash. They copied just fine. Then I deselected and reselected more photos tried to use Copy to Folder and ACDsee Crashed again. I repeated this several times until all the photos on the card were copied to folders. Each time after deselecting and reselecting and then Copy to Folder ACDSee would crash. Then when I opened the created folders, only the placeholder icon showed with no EXIF. I could display the photos in another program. That's when I used the G-15 Test and everything worked okay as long as all the photos went into one created folder. Hope that makes sense.

Dennis

Comment

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've spent more time investigating this issue but I'm still not able to reproduce it unfortunately. I am creating a new folder via the Copy to Folder tool and I also used a CF card to more closely replicate your steps, but each copy operation was successful.

Would you be able to trigger the issue again and provide me the Problem Report provided by Apple when the crash occurs?

Best regards,
          David

Comment

Working...
          X