Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deleted Photo do NOT go into Trash Can ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted Photo do NOT go into Trash Can ...

Hello,

I was culling through some photos using TAGGING and discovered a real problem in using "Move to Trash". As I was selecting and moving photos to trash, I accidentally moved a photo I wanted to keep into trash. When I went to the Trash Can to retrieve it, I notice there were NO files in the Trash. So, I did a test on some other files and they didn't go to the Trash Can, they are permanently deleted. This is a Major Problem. We all make mistakes and that's what the Trash Can is for. I'm using macOS 10.12.6 and Beta 7. Didn't have this problem with macOS 10.12.5 and Beta 6.

Thanks,

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your feedback.

By any chance, are your photos located on an external drive?
    If so, please check if your removable drive contains a hidden ".Trashes" folder.
    I believe your photos should be in there.

Best regards,
    David

Comment

Hi David,

Yes, my photos were on a external drive. The photos I deleted were done using the Remove to Trash by right clicking. When you do this on a iMac, they go directly to the trash can. You can then remove them if you've made a mistake. When I did this delete, nothing went to the trash can. If I've done a delete and not empty the trash on the external drive, when I plug in back in the Trash Can will fill up with those files. Done of this happened. They were immediately deleted. That's my concern.

Thanks,

Dennis

Comment

Working...
      X