NO...Thumbnails in ACDSee PhotoStudio BETA Vers. 4.0.488

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO...Thumbnails in ACDSee PhotoStudio BETA Vers. 4.0.488

I’m using ACDSee PhotoStudio BETA Vers. 4.0.488 (Beta 7) and I’m having issues viewing Thumbnails in Manage mode from my Removable LaCie Thunderbolt drive.

All I see is the ACDSee thumbnail with the file name beneath it, however when I go to either View or Develop mode I can see them! There’s also no file information or Exif data to view.

I have to copy the folder onto my desktop on my iMac (running macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6, a 3.1GHz i5 processor & 20 GB of 1333 MHz DDR3 memory) to be able to see them.

When I’m regularly, as in at least once every week, dealing with in excess of 1,200 images with each image around 12-15 Mb this is tedious, frustrating and unacceptable.

In addition, when I’m trying to edit (Develop) files, the Beta crashes after every 2 or 3 files & this is from the Desktop folder as well as the LaCie Thunderbolt drive.

Please let me know if there is something I can do to get the Thumbnails to show a thumbnail of the picture in Manage mode and what can be done to stop the constant crashing.

In anticipation,
    Colin

Hi Colin:

Thank you for your feedback. Do you know if the images on the drive are included or excluded in the database (to check this go to the file menu and select "ACDSee Beta" > Preferences... > Devices)? Is there a check mark beside always excluded removable devices? If there is, try deselecting the check mark and navigate to your drive. If it doesn't have a check mark, add one and then navigate to the drive. Do the thumbnail preview images still fail to scan?

What format is your LaCie drive? Did you have this issue in the previous version of the beta.

Cheers,

Colby

Comment

Hi Colby,

There was a check mark against the removable devices and as suggested I removed it and the results are exactly the same. Whilst this is very frustrating I can live with it and view my images via finder to select which ones I want to further edit, however by far the biggest problem is that it crashes after every 2 or 3 (at the most) files that I edit. Once again this happened this morning, with four crashes to edit only 9 images - not very good and you can imagine my frustrations. I always fire off a report to

The LaCie Thunderbolt drive format is MAC OS Extended (Journaled) and whilst neither problem existed in either ACDSee Mac Pro 3 as well as ACDSee Pro (Mac/English), ACDSee Pro 2 (Mac) or ACDSee PhotoStudio BETA's I have always had issues with it failing to respond and regular had to use the Apple "Force Quit" function.

Kind regards,

​Colin

Comment

Hi Colin:

Are you able to reproduce this issue with other types of external drives (preferably USB drives)?

Cheers,

Colby

Comment

Hi Colby,

I've tried a Western Digital external drive and I can see the thumbnail images in manage mode, however when in Develop mode I try to use the Next function to move to another image after having edited one, the image doesn't load in the main window and I have to use the Previous & then the Next before it appears.

I'm still experiencing the crashes, this doesn't seem to matter where the images are stored - Desktop or Picture on iMac / LaCie Thunderbolt drive or Western Digital USB connected drive.

Kind regards,

​Colin

Comment

Any Updates?

Comment

Hi Colin:

Apologies for the delay. Have the crashes been occurring on the latest beta (beta 08)? If so, what type of images are you developing and what type of develop settings are you applying?

Regards,

Colby

Comment

Working...
              X