ACDsee Mac Pro doesn't seem to work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDsee Mac Pro doesn't seem to work

I have just installed the trial version ACDSee Mac Pro 3 and I'm not sure if I'm missing something.
    It doesn't seem to work for me, and I see the following issues.
    - When I navigate to an image folder, it shows blank thumbnails.
    - When I click slideshow button at the bottom, nothing happens (same from the menu)
    - View Mode, nothing happens
    - Develop Mode I get an error saying "You cannot develop a file that is locked or is not editable". The file is not locked, and the file is not read only.

So so far I haven't really been able to try this app. I'm on latest Sierra OS if that makes any difference.

Any suggestion, something silly I'm missing ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Looking more at this forum I can see that this app is not really being maintained, and probably not worth the (cheap) price. I will remove it again and find something else for Mac.

Comment

Me too......

Comment

The one thing that i noticed is that it will show new thumbnails while the folder is loading, but as soon as the last one finishes loading it immediately kills them all and replaces them with the white tiles.
        Why would it see them and then suddenly not see them? If i was a programmer, I'd be highly tempted to start the debug process right there - it has to be something simple.
        Just throw the bleppin'switch so we can get back to work ;^)

Strikes me as very odd that other older versions of image editors from "alternate vendors" work just fine with Sierra... so, seriously - WTF?

After getting the boilerplate "hurry up and wait" reply from tech support 3 weeks ago - and naught but crickets thereafter - I too am still not-so-patiently waiting for a patch or the alleged Beta release.
        It's sad when paying customers are repeatedly sidelined and literally put on indefinite hold every time a new OS is released. That is not showing us the face of corporate goodwill at all.
        At least give us options... not silence.
        [end rant]

Good luck, everyone! I hope they will make it right, because when it works it really works well.

Peace!

Comment

It hasn't worked since day1 back over 5 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by jkristia View Post
            Looking more at this forum I can see that this app is not really being maintained, and probably not worth the (cheap) price. I will remove it again and find something else for Mac.
            Go to Adobe Elements . It's way better no matter what they do with this piece of junk. You get both Mac and PC versions in the same box and it's cheaper, and is now up to Version 15, works great with Sierra.

Comment

Originally posted by Audius Loudus View Post
              The one thing that i noticed is that it will show new thumbnails while the folder is loading, but as soon as the last one finishes loading it immediately kills them all and replaces them with the white tiles.
              Why would it see them and then suddenly not see them? If i was a programmer, I'd be highly tempted to start the debug process right there - it has to be something simple.
              Just throw the bleppin'switch so we can get back to work ;^)

Strikes me as very odd that other older versions of image editors from "alternate vendors" work just fine with Sierra... so, seriously - WTF?

After getting the boilerplate "hurry up and wait" reply from tech support 3 weeks ago - and naught but crickets thereafter - I too am still not-so-patiently waiting for a patch or the alleged Beta release.
              It's sad when paying customers are repeatedly sidelined and literally put on indefinite hold every time a new OS is released. That is not showing us the face of corporate goodwill at all.
              At least give us options... not silence.
              [end rant]

Good luck, everyone! I hope they will make it right, because when it works it really works well.

Peace!
              Ask for your money back - most people have gotten it if you complain.

Comment

Acdsee works not with OS Sierra

Comment

Me too. I've been a long time PC user of ACDsee. Dismayed to see this type of fundamental problem as I move to a MacBook Pro.

Comment

The new ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac Beta works great with OS Sierra! Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                    X