This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSee Mac & ​macOS Sierra (10.12)

ACDSee Mac Pro 3 is only supported on: 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11.

macOS Sierra (10.12) is not supported.

Our team has been working hard revamping the product to improve performance. Soon we will be releasing a public beta version of ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac 4 BETA that is compatible with macOS Sierra.

Once the Beta is released, ACD will run a public Beta program for 3-4 months. When ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac 4.0 is released it will be a free upgrade to those customers who purchased ACDSee Mac Pro 3.

Thanks for your patience!

Stay tuned for more information to come:

Well.... It is weird.... dramatical! Current users of version 3 are not able to use the software for weeks. Afterwards they will be given the opportunity to participate in a beta....!
    Thats not 'elegant'....
    All important applications in the OSX area are usually ready for a new version for before the release of this new version......!

I bought version 3. Based on advertisement. It wouldn't run, as I was already on Sierra. No warning....
    Took me quite some effort....
    After complains I was refunded.

I signed up for the beta..... which is not available yet.....

To my humble opinion you (ACDSee) own me something.....
    Like the current users of version 3, who will be given the opportunity to step into 4 for free, I will have the opportunity to buy version 4 for the same price as I bought version 3.
    But first phase is the beta..... ACDSee Many users hate beta's.... I don't.....

The same request as above was sent to your customer support.... I'm still lacking any response....

ACDSee had a good reputation with products in the windows area.... I sure hope it will stay that way... But a good reputation in OSX area is not established yet... I wish ACDSee all best of luck to get this done.

Comment

Hello joszwa,

I am sorry it has taken so long to get the Beta out the door. Please note that for ACDSee Mac Pro 3 customers the upgrade to version 4 will be free.

Regards,
      Mark

Comment

Its unbelievable that this is still going on. Do the management actually employ any programmers? Do you have a timescale to when the beta will be released?

Comment

After three months of futility, still waiting for the beta version of ACDSee upgrade that is compatible for Sierra.......Pathetic

Comment

In deed "Pathetic". Sinds several years I use and was satisfied about ACDSee. Earlier on Windows, now 2 years on Mac.It is simple, fast and easy to work with. So I don't understand that there is no follow up for the MAC OS Sierra and that it takes so long. Why the Mac users are ignored? I have lots off photos to work on it

Comment

Originally posted by joszwa View Post
              Well.... It is weird.... dramatical! Current users of version 3 are not able to use the software for weeks. Afterwards they will be given the opportunity to participate in a beta....!
              Thats not 'elegant'....
              All important applications in the OSX area are usually ready for a new version for before the release of this new version......!

I bought version 3. Based on advertisement. It wouldn't run, as I was already on Sierra. No warning....
              Took me quite some effort....
              After complains I was refunded.

I signed up for the beta..... which is not available yet.....

To my humble opinion you (ACDSee) own me something.....
              Like the current users of version 3, who will be given the opportunity to step into 4 for free, I will have the opportunity to buy version 4 for the same price as I bought version 3.
              But first phase is the beta..... ACDSee Many users hate beta's.... I don't.....

The same request as above was sent to your customer support.... I'm still lacking any response....

ACDSee had a good reputation with products in the windows area.... I sure hope it will stay that way... But a good reputation in OSX area is not established yet... I wish ACDSee all best of luck to get this done.

ACD has had a horrible history with Mac/Apple products. They bought Canvas Mac from the original developers back over 10 years ago and converted it to Win with some success but never pursued the Mac version and let it essentially die to the Mac owners outrage. When the outrage reached sufficient level ACD finally released a Mac version but only after years of complaints and frustration. So be prepared for a long and frustrating development cycle with this app. These folks have demonstrated they are not Apple developers and not Apple friendly as seen by the fact that they are always 6 months behind any Mac OS update as if they didn't know it was coming. At least ACD is finally responding to the current outrage at the failure of this app after over 5 years of frustration.
              Last edited by pongajim; 12-08-2016, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I have just bought AcDsee Mac 3 which i switched over from Windows to Apple iMac. I was frustrated with not working on thumbnail. Now I found out that it does not working on new Sierra. I read your forum and nothing happen since. I m upsetting with my very important photo for my family Christmas.

Comment

Unbelievable that they are still selling the product. It shouldn't even be available for sale until a working version comes which is completely out of the beta stage. It's bad enough that they are screwing their former loyal users but to sell a product to a new user is practically criminal.

Comment

I just paid to renew my subscription and a back up CD for a product that I can't currently use. Can I get a refund? You think going to my credit card company will help me process this Issue??. I am going to see. It isn't right. I can put my hard earned money towards a reliable product that I can actually use!

Comment

Hello,

I apologize for the delay. We are planning to release the Beta on January 24th. I'll keep you posted.

Regards,
                      Mark

Comment

Today is the 24th January, when can I start to process my photos from last year ??

Comment

Waiting for over 5 years now for a Mac version that works. Spent a ton of money from Version 1 (~$200 + big fanfare, soon became a whisper) through all the other following versions that cost extra. Even switched back to the Win version so I could at least do something. Even that Win version no longer works with Win 10. Nothing has worked. - This company is a real mess. Needless to say I blissfully switched to Adobe Elements for Mac but........Today is the 24th, another milestone .... can we have a ray of hope or will it be business as usual.
                          Last edited by Dan8; 01-24-2017, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Dear customers,

ACD will be releasing ACDSee Photo Studio Mac Beta (version 4.0) Thursday January 26, 2017. The release should take place around 2pm Pacific Standard Time.

Regards,
                            Mark

Comment

ACDSee Photo Studio Mac Beta (version 4.0) is now available for download.

Please visit: http://www.acdsee.com/en/products/ac...oto-studio-mac

You can be a part of making this product better!
                              • connect with other BETA testers
                              • discuss your thoughts with the ACD Product Team

• report any issues you encounter

Please visit: http://forum.acdsee.com/forum/acdsee...studio-for-mac

Comment

Working...
                              X