No announcement yet.

ACDSee Mac & ​macOS Sierra (10.12)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a peek at V4. Good news it comes up and is stable under Sierra. Bad news, most V3 type functions don't work right or are missing. It will be 6 mos to a year before we get something equivalent to V3 functionality. So we still don't have an app for Macs and ACD is getting free debugging that should have been done during development. Very sad.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. It will not take 6 months to 1 year to get version 4.0 functioning as 3.7 does. Our plan is to release a 2nd Beta middle of February or towards the end of February and a full release in late March or April.

We may also release Beta's with small improvements as needed between now and the release.

Thank you,
      Mark

Comment

Hello,
        View mode in 4.0 beta...

Comment

I'm ready to be a part of it...!
          At the very beggining of Mac Beta, it place ! I was happy again as I flew from Windows and find a peaceful place on my new Mac.
          But a few days later, without any warning, I couldn't open the program. It says in the middle of the screen, with the colorful turning ball as only movement.
          I tried to uninstall three times, and reinstall as much, stopping completely the computer.
          I read the forum, tried to deplace the sub-folder to a hard disk, but none of that brought a change. The application is immediately blocked a few seconds after it started.

I'm waiting for the next version of the BETA.

Peter

Comment

Well.... I installed the ACDSee Photo Studio Beta version, The program shows up at Launchpad after installing, but when I click on it ???.........Nope, nothing, that is not the way to get costumers satisfied, after using using ACDSee 3.7.201 for many years. I think I am going to use ThumbsPlus on my VMWare Fusion software. A shame I have to install Windows for using a ACDSee like program on my iMac

Comment

You write this: • running on macOS Sierra (of course) on your website about Photo Studio BETA, but this is not so obvious, so to see, the program does not work at all on my iMac with OSX 10.12.3 SIERRA !!!!!!!

Comment

Perhaps these comments here are not read at all, probably no one is interested in the problems Mac owners have with ACDSee. Well I quit for now and see what this all brings in the future, must be very good though before I install it again !!! Good bye !!!!!!

Comment

Downloaded but I haven't tried working with the Beta version yet - but I have to say it's a relief that the thumbnails are working again. That's a big step in the right direction. I hope the editing tools become more powerful with 4.0. I've more or less been forced to start using Photoshop - and while I know that it's the darling of the industry, I do find it's not nearly as user-friendly as ACDSee has been. But I started with ACDSee on on my PC, and so I'm hoping that the ACDSee for Mac may someday catch up to what it used to be for me. Hope the Beta works well!

Comment

Well..today I received an e-mail from MCOSGROVE, sending me a link to a new BETA of "ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac Beta 3", see screenshot. I downloaded the program, installed it but as before, I only see a Menu list at the top of my screen, but all greyed out, nothing appears on my screen
                    (My Mac OSX is 10.12.3 SIERRA)
                    Attached Files

Comment

I can't understand why you guys see thumbnails, or anything at all, my screen stays empty, very disappointing !!!! Is there something wrong with my computer ??, although the rest of my programs work fine.

Comment

Or do I have to change a setting here or there ???

Comment

Hello JohnMGD, have you tried a full clean uninstall and reinstall? If not, please follow these steps see below. Lets try that first.

Regards,
                          Mark

Instructions to remove supporting files/folders of ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac BETA Instructions to remove supporting files/folders of ACDSee

Comment

Hello Mark, Did what you described above, did not find "Library/Preferences: com.ACDSystems.ACDSeePhotoStudioBeta.plist" and
                            "Library/Caches: com.ACDSystems.ACDSeePhotoStudioBeta" though. The rest I found and deleted it. Restarted my computer and installed ACDSee Photo Studio Beta again, BUT without any result, I still do not see the program on my screen, only the menu's on top as described in #24

Comment

Hello JohnMG,

I am sorry that didn't resolve your problems. I am sending you a private message on the forum and would like to arrange a call to troubleshot the problem.

Regards,
                              Mark

Comment

What is the projected release date?

Comment

Working...
                                X