Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As ACDsee us currently broken, what image viewing applications do you all recommend?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As ACDsee us currently broken, what image viewing applications do you all recommend?

I bought and paid for ACDsee but as I can't use it because it is broken on the current Mac operating system. I would like to know what other software everyone recommends that has some of the same functionality as ACDsee for Mac.

That's the problem, there really isn't anything like ACDSee for macOS. Closest thing is Lyn or just using the Finder. All the other programs require importing. Importing wouldn't be such a big deal if the programs didn't create twice the file size to do it and start to lag in the face of a large database. We're all stuck waiting for ACDSee to release an update that works on Sierra. Learn to be patient or learn to deal with Lyn, Finder, or some program that requires importing.

Comment

Affinity photo works fine and you can open pictures stored on acdsee for mac.

Comment

Originally posted by Roar View Post
        Affinity photo works fine and you can open pictures stored on acdsee for mac.
        How do you use Affinity Photo to view images without importing them? I don't see this option.

Comment

Originally posted by haust View Post
          That's the problem, there really isn't anything like ACDSee for macOS. Closest thing is Lyn or just using the Finder. All the other programs require importing. Importing wouldn't be such a big deal if the programs didn't create twice the file size to do it and start to lag in the face of a large database. We're all stuck waiting for ACDSee to release an update that works on Sierra. Learn to be patient or learn to deal with Lyn, Finder, or some program that requires importing.
          Closest thing is Adobe Photoshop Elements although you have to import the files you want to work with; it's not at all bad and actually has some advantages. The nice thing about Elements is it has the same Organizer structure as ACDSee Mac and the only one other that has it. Once you import all your files, everything works just like ACDSee and should be familiar. The big bonus is the fabulous rich tools that Elements has that ACDSee can't even touch. Another plus is it's fast, stable and OS updates have no effect on it. Buy from Costco and you get both Mac and windows in the same package for the same price. Elements has been around for over 10 years and it's smooth and has the Mac look and feel.

Comment

Problem is the "importing part". It's a hassle and it creates a much bigger database then the original files. Plus, I doubt Elements can handle a very large database without problems. I'm using Lyn and Finder for now. Anxiously, awaiting Mac Pro 4.

Comment

I don't know what I did if any, but I just bought a 27'' iMac late 2015 and now ACDSee pro 3 is working

Comment

Well...what I am using, after ACDSee Pro for Mac broke down is ThumbPlus for Windows, on my VM Ware Fusion software, to emulate Windows, which is not ideal, but at least it works !!

Comment

I have the idea and feeling that ACDSee is not so keen anymore on developing programs anymore for Mac, they like to stay with Windows. And if that is true, please say it folks (ACDSee), so we can orientate on something else and not waste time on waiting for something that never will appear or work !!

Comment

Hello JohnMGB, we're committed to the Mac OS platform. You will find two products currently available.

ACDSee Mac Pro 4.0 is in Beta and available here: http://www.acdsee.com/en/products/ac...oto-studio-mac
                    You may want to wait as we plan to release a new beta tomorrow (March 8th).

Canvas Draw: http://www.canvasgfx.com/en/products/canvas-draw

Regards,
                    Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X