Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BETA 8 Deleted all files in a DIRECTORY when adding a subfolder to the directory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BETA 8 Deleted all files in a DIRECTORY when adding a subfolder to the directory

Hi I had a major impact event occur today as a result of using Beta 8 on the mac on osx 10.11.6

Trying to add a subfolder in my DOWNLOADS folder using acdsee seems to have deleted ALL the files in my DOWNLOADS folder..

I tried to run EaseUs recovery - none of the files show up as deleted
    Nothing in TRASH

Using DAISY DISK does not show the files anywhere else.

Using AcdSee, I right clicked on teh DOWNLOADS folder name and chose add a subfolder.
    Oce I finished putting the name of the subfolder in and hit return, all the files in teh download folder disappeared
    ‚Äč

I sent an email to customer care about it - I am hypervenilating with anxiety hoping you can help me get the files back

the link on the website to customer care
    https://acdsystems.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Given the technical nature of this issue, I recommend emailing our technical support directly via support@acdsystems.com as they will be better able to help you resolve this. Due to the time-sensitive nature of this however, you can call them directly at 1 888 767 9888 line 3

I called the number suggested and the said I neded to post on the forum which I am doing now.

I can be contacted on 857-272-9873

Good Morning
    Just wondering if anyone from the Acdesee developer/support group for the Mac BETA have seen this message and if you have any suggestions as to what happened and whether I may be able to retrieve my disappeared files.

There were many files that were not backed up as I had been very busy in the last few days and it is an urgent requirement to get these files back.

CAn someone from AcdSee reply or contact me ASAP - Thank you

Comment

Working...
    X