Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with ACDSee 3.6 Build 170 and Yosemitee

Hi,
    I had the problem with the rendering of thumbnails which also was described in an earlier posting of another user. I now installed the version 3.6 which now should solve this problem for OS X 10.9. Unfortunately this issue is not fixed for OS X 10.10. Is there some kind of a work around or when is an update expected?
    Kind regards
    ​Michael

Same problem here. Don't hold your breath Michael I had the same problem every time Mac issued a new OS. Certainly over Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite. What is it about this software? Abobe Photoshop, lightroom, and even free Picasa just carry on working across these new OS's. To add insult to injury a fix appears in a new version, late to the new OS appearing and a chargeable upgrade.Why do I persevere? because I don't know of a better alternative for cataloging photos, but not this time. ACDsee mac software by implication has a shelf life of less than two years. But Lets hope a fix appears soon and is free.

Cheers

Stephen

Comment

I am having the same problem. ACDSEE 2.6 build 170 and yosemite today 10172014. All old pictures have thumb nails, new set put on after upgrade to Maericks are blank and the message when trying to open in Develop is that they are locked, but they are not. Tried to reinstall ACDSee but it did not help.
      John

Comment

Same problem, 3.6.170 is not usable under Mac OS 10.10

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d'écran 2014-10-18 10.45.51.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	8408
          Same problem......thumb nails are blank, and can't be opened.......No problem in Adobe Bridge or Xee........Reinstall.....?....;-(

Comment

Here we go again. We are all somehow excited about the new apple OS Yosemite and forget that one of our key (and favorite) applications comes crashing down every time Apple coughs. Last time Mavericks forced me to negotiate a new English ACDSee version at a reduced price (I had purchased the previous German version only months before). Now the question is what do we do? Wait for a fix? Pay for a fix? And why is this almost exactly the same problem as last time. The thumbnails... not visible.

I still think ACDSee is a great option... but why is it not robust to apple upgrades? Don't they take Beta versions and work proactively? Or just wait and hope?

Please advise what we should do?

N Frost

Comment

I encountered the same problem after upgrading to Yosemite. Should have been aware about this issue earlier before the upgrade.....Now there is no turn back

Comment

People might be interested to know that I raised these issues with ACDSEE customer support about ten days ago, They have not done me the courtesy of responding. As I've already mentioned their product fails every time a new Mac OS is issued, A fix is usually awhile coming and only available as a paid upgrade. With the appearance of Yosemite I really want to be proved wrong. I think we are all aware that the company have not even commented on compatibility with the full release of Yosemite, its like it's years away. Ive been a customer of this product through windows then Mac for decades but my patience has gone. Do people know of a similar Mac product to this?

ATB

Stephen

Comment

It's the usual pain in the back side (just being polite !!). Unfortunately I had not previously found an equivelent app but I am certainly looking again now. Yes like others I have used this app via a Win Platform for a number of years. Not impressed.

Comment

Also not impressed. How do the other manufacturers manage to create software that keeps working with updated OS systems, but acdsee falls flat on its face each and every time. Isn't it time they looked at their competitors coding and do something similar so that something so simple as thumbnails just work!

Comment

After Update from OS XMaverick to OSX Yosemity, ACDSee does not display new thumbnails and pictures and also they cannot be developed.
                      I just wrote an E-Mail to support because of that. I will switch to another software and ask for refund of my money if a free of charge patch is not provided by the end of this week. I´ve never seen a company producing that kind of crap. As this seems to happen with all OS X Updates, it might be on purpose, just to force people to buy a new version (which I will definitely not do).
                      Last edited by riku2806; 10-20-2014, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Yes the same to me after upgrading to Yosemite ACDSee pro 3.6.170 is not working ,I was used to this app in win and it worked very well,unfortunately it looks like that they are not doing the same efforts for Mac it is a pity because all the people who start using a Mac would like to use a familiar app.
                        I hope that they will react fast it is unbelievable that ACDSee will not follows the updating of Apple.And the app for Mac do not has all the features that has in win.
                        Very disappointed

Comment

It is interesting that some people have problems when updating to another OS such as Yosemite. Recently, I too updated to Yosemite and have had not a single problem with it working with ACDSee Pro 3 Mac. There has to be something about the configuration of one's set-up that causes that problem? All I know, is that on my Mac the program works fine. It still is slow to start-up but that has been a problem since day one. It is discouraging that those of you who have contacted support and have heard nothing but silence. Hopefully, they will respond with some answers.

Comment

Dear ACDSee Team...

There are more than just a few of us our here increasingly frustrated that this software, which we all purchased and use in our day-to-day lives and work, is refusing to work properly following the new IOS Yosemite update. Apple evolves, their users evolve and their application programmers have to evolve too.

ACDSee should not prevent me or cause me to hesitate every 12 months from updating my MAC. That's crazy. Thats one reason why we bought a MAC, for the constant developments and improvements over time.

Could you please provide us with some feedback on how you are planning to react to this latest update and problems?
                            What is the timeline for an update or rerelease?
                            Are you planning to roll this out to all MAC users regardless of versions or countries?
                            Are you going to provide it for free?

Please give us at least an update and an indication that you are working on this.

Thank you

N. Frost

Comment

I guess I spoke too soon. It seems that the first couple of folders I opened worked just fine. Then, after posting how I was not having any trouble, other folders I went to open experienced the same problem all of you have already indicated. I too am getting the white blank folders. Sometimes, I see the images loading for a split second then they switch to the blank white folders. Too bad...

Comment

Working...
                              X