64bit ver does not send image by Email

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64bit ver does not send image by Email

"Send\Email images" wisard forms empty attachment in Outlook. So Email created and sended but recipient sees empty image. I've sent the note to ACDSee support but they offer to try 16 bit ver. Used this option in all erlier vers of the ACDSee without a problem.

Works for me on Win7 ultimate SP1 64 bit with ACDsee Pro 7 64 bit using Outlook (32bit) 2007.

Comment

Win7 Prof SP1 x64, Outlook 2010 x32
      PS. By the way: ver 6 that remained on my computer forms E-mail correctly.
      Last edited by ASlav52; 10-25-2013, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASlav52 View Post
        recipient sees empty image.
        I just tested this by e-mailing a RAW image, which based on my export settings converted automatically to a JPG image with the dimensions I wanted.

The e-mail window popped up BEHIND the ACDSeePro window, but that's not an uncommon issue for software opening Outlook messages -- I just switched to the window with ALT+Tab completed the e-mail info and hit send.

On the recipient side the image was attached as expected (image was not blank). That's with 64-bit ACDSeePro 7 installed, Outlook 2010 32-bit.

Comment

You are right! ARW-image sent correctly converted to jpg of 1 MB size. BUT jpg-image sent as 6 MB and is empty.

Comment

So, attachment is empty when you send jpg image and "Convert image to JPEG..." is checked and "Reduce ..." is not checked, both in "Email and Image Options" in the wizard that is the default for it. Bad mistake but support servise does not accept it recommendig to get 16bit
            Last edited by ASlav52; 10-27-2013, 12:26 PM.

Comment

No answer from technical support, no answer from cusomer support service...What's the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by ASlav52 View Post
                No answer from technical support, no answer from cusomer support service...What's the deal?
                Are you expecting an answer here from either of those two?

Comment

Not here but email. I have no experiense of communication with support stuff of ACDSee. Now it seems to be not the best.

Comment

The problem id gone! As result of system deep cleaning: temporary internet files, Windows temp. files, Application tempfiles, IE forms and so on. And resetting IE to the basic. So main conclusion that I have to do is that the ACDSee's support service does not try to help users with their problems/ F.e. Microsoft support stuff in similar situation offers debugging, process monitor and so on. The only answer I`ve got from SS and Customer Care was: we cannot reproduce the error.
                    Last edited by ASlav52; 11-19-2013, 06:16 AM.

Comment

I'm mistaken: the problem not gone, it continues. The deep cleaning closes it for only once time so only first run of the withard will sucsees but all next - with the error. I had to reinstall my system to factory configation with "Format C:" and reinstall ACDSee at first, just after Office 2010 to check it in clear environment. The problem exists. Once again: Select 3 jpg images (f.e. F1,F2,F3) and run the wizard. Email created with F1 real size - twice and F3 - of zero-size, F2 is absent. Option "Convert image to JPEG..." is checked and "Reduce ..." is not checked, both in "Email and Image Options" in the wizard that is the default for it.
                      ACD Customer Care Team responses with single phrase: "So far we are not able to reproduce the issue".

Comment

From what you write it is not this (http://forum.acdsee.com/forum/acdsee...ll-image-files) known bug. But it might be related in some way.

Comment

Thanks for the link, Dand, but my images are of ~2Mb

Comment

Had a once more chance to confirm thу problem installing completely new system. Informed ACDsee support and had no answer yet. As usual for the case.
                            New update 7.1 does not resolve it.

Comment

• Jehonathan
                              Jehonathan commented
                              Editing a comment
                              ASlav52,
                              I also confirm that the problem was not resolved. I went to a lot of effort to prove to them that the problem did indeed exist and they told me they were working quickly to resolve the issue. In the past I have recommended this program to other people but have stopped. Something has happened, for the worse, at ACDSee.

You are right, somethind goes wrong with the firm and this is great pity. I triyng to get result from them since the last year's outumn and without success. First Robert who is seems to be the single person responsible for all kind support answered that they cold not reproduce the case, after that, last month, he explained this by incompatibility between x64 of Acdsee and x32 of email client.

Comment

Working...
                            X