Canon T6s RAW in Pro 9?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon T6s RAW in Pro 9?

Yesterday I finally found the time to upgrade from Pro 8 to Pro 9, Build 439, looking forward to compatibility with the RAW files from the Canon T6s I've had since April. I'd installed Adobe DNG Converter 9.1 and converted a few T6s images, but that's additional work I've tried to avoid. But, I find that Pro 9 still doesn't read some of my T6s images. Some days' pictures are fine, others' not. I've now confirmed that DNG Converter could convert another batch that Pro 9 doesn't recognize. (In Pro 9, the thumbnails are blank and the Properties File tab displays File Information but not Image Attributes or EXIF metadata, just as in Pro 8). Does this make any sense?

Originally posted by Dennis Cheasebro View Post
    Does this make any sense?
    Yes it does. ACu9 (Build 439) currently does not support RAWs from a Canon EOS Rebel T6s (EOS 760D), but your RAW plugin is set to try to decode unknown files formats. The quickview, manage mode and view mode sometimes will show a correct image, sometime show wrong colours or don't show anything at all. Afaik the develop mode and the edit mode will not accept these files.

Imho your best option is to convert these file to DNG.

Comment

Emil, thanks. But, Pro 9 Release Notes, http://www.acdsee.com/en/support/acd...ease-notes/9-0 clearly says "Added RAW support for following cameras: ... Canon EOS 760D (Rebel T6s, Kiss 8000D)". This is Build 439. If that isn't true, how can I know and where do I look for support when it arrives?
      Last edited by Dennis Cheasebro; 10-24-2015, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Oops, you right, I used an outdated list of supported RAW formats. ACu9 should indeed completely support the T6s. The behaviour you describe does fit to ACu8.

Comment

I just successfully Developed and Edited a T6s RAW image and saved it to a good JPEG, yet other shots, taken another day, are still unreadable (and to repeat, DNG Converter can handle images that Pro 9 can't, so it doesn't appear to be the camera's fault).

Comment

To me, this sounds like a reason to get tech support involved.

https://acdsystems.desk.com/customer...tal/emails/new

Comment

Glen, thanks. I've sent an email to Tech Support, although for some reason neither Firefox nor IE would send it until I'd removed the Zip attachment with sample images.

Comment

Problem solved!

Tech Support's ideas were going nowhere, but I noticed that an update to Pro 9 Build 453 was available. Maybe that would help. While preparing to install the update, I reviewed my notes on Build 212, the last update (vs upgrade) that I’d installed. I had some trouble (not identical) then reading Canon SX50 HS RAW files (new at the time) and found a forum comment that said, in Windows Explorer, to rename the RAW folder to make ACDSee reanalyze it. (Just don't do that with a folder that has any ACDSee metadata.) Or, in ACDSee, move the unsupported files to a temporary folder, then navigate ACDSee away and in Windows Explorer rename the folder. That solved this one too.

Comment

Working...
                X