Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro 9 (Trial Version). Edit Mode Not Available. ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro 9 (Trial Version). Edit Mode Not Available. ??

When I select an image and click the EDIT tab the drop down Edit menu starts to appear for about 1/2 second and then disappears. All the other modes work fine. Very strange. Any help appreciated.

It SHOULD work! How odd. You've probably already tried this, but an uninstall and a re-install might help. I'm thinking this might be a job for tech support:

https://acdsystems.desk.com/customer...tal/emails/new

Comment

Hi Glen,

Thanks. I did try removing the Pro 9 application and re-installing it, but that didn't help, so I sent an email to tech support. I will report back when I hear from them.

Originally posted by Glen Barrington View Post
      It SHOULD work! How odd. You've probably already tried this, but an uninstall and a re-install might help. I'm thinking this might be a job for tech support:

https://acdsystems.desk.com/customer...tal/emails/new

Comment

Tech support solved the issue - a problem with the Registry. Here is their response. All is well now.

There may be an issue with the registry key that's holds the settings for ACDSee, we can try deleting this registry which will delete the settings for ACDSee. This step will NOT affect your image files or data.

** Please be careful with the following steps*

Close ACDSee
        Go to the Start Menu
        Then click on 'Search programs and files' field from the Start menu and type in 'Regedit' and Enter
        This opens registry editor
        Click on the + sign next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
        Click on the + sign next to Software
        Click on the + sign next to ACD Systems
        Click on the + sign next to ACDSee Pro
        You are now at : Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\
        Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee Pro \
        Right Click on the ['90'] (Folder) and select Delete.

Now, you can start ACDSee and test.

Comment

This hack does much more than just repair mangled menus, it also eliminates tons of valuable user defined settings. I suggest to try this first. If it doesn't help you can still try the hack shown above.

Comment

Working...
          X