Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic RAW doesn´t work after Update 10.3 (purple picture)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panasonic RAW doesn´t work after Update 10.3 (purple picture)

Hello,
    since update 10.3 my Panasonic Lumix LX100 raw files didn´t work. After clicking develop, all files are looking complete purple. There is no possibility to develop the file to a real looking picture, it stays complete purple. My Canon files are working well.
    Are there other Lumix user with the same problem and an solution to fix it.

Uli

The first thing I did was check to make sure the LX100 was supported, and it is.

If I were you, the first thing I'd do is download a copy of the free RawTherapee (or any software that uses the DCRaw raw support program) and check to see if the problem shows up there. If it does, the problem lies within the photo file itself, and you might want to check your camera or your other workflow for issues that compromise the photos. You can find RawTherapee HERE: http://rawtherapee.com/

If the problem does not show up in RT, then I would get ACDSee tech support involved: https://acdsystems.desk.com/customer...tal/emails/new

Comment

Although I do not have familiarity with Panasonic files, I have run across a similar situation with Nikon files.

Since this is with all pictures, I am wondering if there has been any other post processing before ACDSee???
      ​For instance, I know that processing NEF images (Nikon), using "Nikon Capture NX" tool yields NEF files unusable in ACDSee and other tools.

​My fix: Open Nikon Capture, then revert image back to original NEF. The file now opens as expected in ACDSee and other tools.

​Long term results: I no longer use the Nikon tool as it seems unacceptable to manipulate image related data of a RAW file. (Of course, it could also be incorrect implementation fo the NIKON SDK... I am not really sure).

Comment

ACDSee 10.2 was works properly with my Panasonic LX 100 (Pro 9 too), it´s only the 10.3 update which causes probelms. So I think I will go back to 10.2.

Comment

10.2 is working well, so I ignore the update and hope 10.4 will work well.

Comment

I downloaded a few samples of the LX100 and confirm that the interpretation of the raw data is buggy in AC Ulti v10.3 (Build 894).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	40665

Best option is to contact the support.

Comment

I may not help much, but I have a Panasonic TZ100 and the raw files from that still work fine in Ultimate v10.3 (Build 894). Looks like it is something specific to the LX100 files.

Comment

Hello,

In Pro 10 v10.3 (Build 675), I am experiencing the same issue. Raw (RW2) files from my Panasonic DMC-LX100 camera are bright pink in "Develop" and "Edit" mode (screenshot). The image looks fine in "Manage" and "View" modes, and the filmstrip thumbnails in "Manage" and "View" are normal. The same file opens normally in Adobe Lightroom and Camera Raw.

Tony

Click image for larger version

Name:	acdccapture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	40790
                Last edited by tonyprom; 03-08-2017, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Solved. I contacted ACDSupprt and they have emailed me a different version of the RAW plugin that when installed solves this problem with Panasonic RW2 files.
                  Tony

Comment

Working...
                  X