Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want an empty IPTC...

Hi!
    Have you found a way to identify pictures WITHOUT IPTC keywords ? Smart collection gives only:

"IPTC" -> "est n'importe quel de" -> ?

and

"IPTC" -> "est tout de" -> ?

And I must complete with... a keyword!

Thank you,

Alaric (French)

I think you've found a gap in ACDSee's search logic, and I think I've found a gap in their Metadata maintenance when trying to figure out a way to answer your question! I tried to ADD the letter 'B' to the IPTC keyword field for a single photo, and ACDSee appeared to allow me to add it, but when I selected a different photo and then reselected the photo I added the keyword to, the keyword had not been added. I tried a search looking for 'B' anyway, and it could not be found. I COULD however add a keyword to the ACDSee metadata successfully. Right now, searching for IPTC keywords added by ACDSee seems to be not possible.

Comment

Perharps I do not understand...

When I want a IPTC keyword for a single photo (or several), Acdsee allow me to add it, and really, the keyword is added. And If I try a search, the picture with the keyword appears...

It's essential, after completing the keyword field, to validate with the ENTER Key. If not, the keyword is not added.

Thank you for your answer.

Alaric (French).

Comment

My apologies Alaric, I AM able to add keywords to the IPTC field. However I still can't figure out a way to identify photos with missing IPTC keywords. I thought at first, that I could filter with the NO KEYWORDS clause under the filter drop down menu, but that only works for ACDSee metadata keywords. Right now, I would assign keywords in ACDSee metadata and immediately add them to the IPTC Keyword field.

I tried to embed the ACDSee metadata in the photo itself. It worked fine, but ACDSee embeds everything in the XMP field. Lacking a search ability, what we need is a simple script that could copy the ACDSee metadata keywords specifically to the IPTC keyword field.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Barrington View Post
          what we need is a simple script that could copy the ACDSee metadata keywords specifically to the IPTC keyword field.
          I am unable to do that...
          Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X