Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update modified date within ACDSee

Up front: I am not an expert on this.

Probably as a result of embedding comments, the modified date of photos changed.
    Whilst using Explorer and sorting on date, this is a bit inconvenient.
    It would be nice to have the photos redated to the shooting date.

This is an easy task -outside- ACDSee.

I very much hesitate to do so as I fear that I will most probably be messing up/corrupting the ACDSee database(?)

The images also have a description in the name (where/what/when) and there is a .txt file with the same name.
    The .txt files contents:
    Headline : Bla-bla-bla-description-bla, 2009
    Create Date : 2009:05:20 11:10:21

Q: How am I to proceed to update the modified date of both image and text files, without messing up the ACDSee database?

Am using ACDSee Pro v9

Thanks
    -

see attached image showing modified date and shooting date.

Why not just add 'Date Taken' as a column in Explorer View. You can then choose to have that view used whenever you open folders of that type. Methinks you would regret changing modified date every time you did a modification!

Comment

Sorry for the late response (vacation).
      Thanks for the above.
      Thing is that by default Explorer has modified date as a view, not the exif date. In 90% of the cases I need the modified date to be displayed as I am dealing with files without Exif-details.
      Office files, PDF, txt, whatever.
      So, for me, using date shot as a Explorer layout, to be honest, that is not a real option. Displaying both neither, it takes too much space.
      Therefore I hoped I could 're-date' the modified files based on shooting date without messing up the ACDSee database.
      (Frankly, I did not try it either because of this)
      =

Comment

acwul62: It's easy to change the modified date of a jpg file to the EXIF Original Date/Time using the Batch Adjust Time Stamp tool, but I don't know how you would change the modified date of the text files. I just name all my files with the date and time first e.g. "2017-07-23 - 12.55.02 - Jane's 6th Birthday.jpg" The date and time is pulled from the EXIF Date/Time Original field. I use the Batch Rename tool to do this. I guess you would have to use copy and paste to change the names of the text files.
        Last edited by Robert Linsdell; 09-08-2017, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks. I have a few tools to update the modified date after exif date (redate after shooting date). That aside, I have made it a habit to add the original date (or date+time) to the filename.
          So, as for the text files, I redate after filename. Have a small script for that. So, redating the files (both jpg and txt) after shooting date, that is not the problem. Messing up the ACDSee database as a result of that... thát I am not sure of...

=
          Click image for larger version

Name:	SnagIt-08092017 082732.png
Views:	1
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	43438

=

Comment

Originally posted by acwul62 View Post
            So, redating the files (both jpg and txt) after shooting date, that is not the problem. Messing up the ACDSee database as a result of that... thát I am not sure of...
            I did some testing and changing the file modified date/time did not change the ACDSee Database Date. FYI: Using the Batch Adjust Time Stamp tool you can set the ACDSee Database Date to the EXIF Date/Time Original or the file modified date ("Last modified date and time" in the tool).

Comment

Ah, right, many thanks indeed!

This is indeed important for me to know. Truly appreciate your help!

[off-topic]
              I haven't visited the ACDSee website for a while, so probably I have been missing the story.
              However, whilst checking the ACDSee website, I noticed only 'Studio' products are listed.
              Like Photo Studio Standard, Photo Studio Professional, Photo Studio Ultimate.
              Assume Pro has become outdated now and upgrading will only be possible to some 'Studio' version?
              -

Comment

Originally posted by acwul62 View Post
                Assume Pro has become outdated now and upgrading will only be possible to some 'Studio' version?
                "Photo Studio" is the new name for the application. Photo Studio Professional is the closest to what you have now. There's been quite a few changes since version 9, so, it might be worth trying out the 30-day free trial. The 2018 version will not affect your Ultimate Version 9. I know this because I'm running both on my PC without any problems.

Comment

Thanks a lot. I am (still) using ACDSee Pro v9, will check out the Photo Studio Professional some time in future. Thanks again.

Comment

Funny . . .
                    (sorry for the big screenshot, i tried medium, then the text would be close to unreadable)

=
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1409.png
Views:	1
Size:	556.5 KB
ID:	43568

=
                    Last edited by acwul62; 09-16-2017, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X