Why a black border when cropping..?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why a black border when cropping..?

I have a question about cropping in ACDSee. I have the latest Photo Studio Professional 2018 version, but this "problem" have I had with all versions have owned (since Pro 7 or 8), I think. In order to complete the crop, I usually only go to "Tune". It works fine as long as I look at the cropped image in the size "fit image", but if I reduce the size to let say 25%, a black border occurs. Does anyone know why it happens? Another way to complete the crop action is to click "Done", but then the image must be retrieved to the Develop Mode from Manage Mode again - it feels unnecessarily complicated.
    Last edited by jizzen; 09-12-2017, 02:38 AM.

I will also point out that the above problem doesn´t occur everytime I crop an image, but at least occasionally. If I look at the image zoomed out to 2% only a black border to the right of the image is visible, at 4-24% the border is visible both above and to the right. At 26-36% the border only show up above the image. If I zoom in to 38% or more the borders are gone. Strange behavior, right!?
    Last edited by jizzen; 09-12-2017, 02:53 AM.

Comment

This does seem strange. I have not noticed the same operation. Ill keep an eye out.

​By chance, was the same computer used starting with V7?

Comment

Originally posted by GusPanella View Post
        This does seem strange. I have not noticed the same operation. Ill keep an eye out.

​By chance, was the same computer used starting with V7?
        Yes, I think I have had the same computer since I started to use ACDSee. Maybe my first version was the Pro 8 and not version 7. I bought my PC in October 2014.

EDIT: I checked it out - my first version of ACDSee was Pro 8. I have also had Pro 9, Pro 10 and now the latest Photo Studio Professional 2018. Black borders with all of them!
        Last edited by jizzen; 09-20-2017, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X