Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug in smart collection

Hello!
    When you are searching for pictures taken (for example) at less than 1/20s (shutter speed), you can't indicate it. Only the criteria "is" gives a good result.
    If you indicate "Shutter speed" "is" "1/20" , it's ok.

I f you choose "is less" or "is greater" or "is between" or... the result is wrong, completely crazy.

Alaric (French)

I don't typically use smart collections, so your problem inspired me to try it out.

I did a search for shutter speed is less than 1/100
    ​I saw results of: 1/120, 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000 etc..
    ​In all cases the denominator in the results was always larger than the denominator in the search

​However, a "larger" number in the denominator would indicate a lower value if looked at in decimal format

For example: 1/100 = 0.01; 1/1000 = 0.001, thus 1/1000 is less than 1/100,
    ​This would suggest the search is correct as implemented.

​I am NOT sure which definition is correct.
    ​Based on my background (and mental b=model) , I would choose to follow the decimal number as how I would like to read the logic.
    ​But, if it was the other way, I would just change my mental model aound.

Comment

Bravo! Your response inspired me to invert the criteria.

I put "is greater than 1/21" (for example) to find my pictures taken at 1/20s, 1/15s, 1/4s...
      Thank you!

(In my humble french opinion, logical but twisted).

Alaric
      Last edited by Alaric; 09-14-2017, 12:56 AM.

Comment

I agree. I guess I would try to have something a that would be more familiar to photography..

​Maybe something like "is faster than" or "is lower than" or "is the same speed as" would seem more consistent to the intended audience?.

Comment

Working...
        X