Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What path ?

Hi!
    Do you know a way to locate one picture from Acdsee to Windows browser (to display the file in Windows browser), to copy quickly the path of this file - after a search with the photos displayed.

I tried with [shift] right button on a thumbnail - no way.

Thank you.

Alaric (French)

I would rightklick on the image and then "Go to file" (I don't know, how exactly this phrase is called in the English version, since I use the German version).Then you have the path to the file shown above in the ACDSee Window. You can copy this path and use it in Windows explorer to get to this folder. Unfortunately I don't know how to get the path to the file itself.

Comment

Yes, I know this way (« go to file», «Aller au fichier» for the french version I use). But It's not convenient, because you lose the result of the search; the arrows (back and forward) do not work, and you have to start again the search when you have to locate other files... However, thank you.

Alaric (French)

Comment

Here are a couple options I use

Ottion 1:
        CNTRL Rt.Cick > Properties > [highlight_text_in_LocationField] > CNTRL-C
        This allows you to get the text for the file path that can later be pasted into a new explorer window.

​Option 2
        CNTRL-Rt.Cick > Picview > View > Manage
        ​This opens a new ACDSee window to the directory of the image, with the image selected.

​In both cases, the search results stay.
        Last edited by GusPanella; 09-17-2017, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Okay for the second option. Thanks.

For the first option, I do not understand how you can highlight the text of the path. Rightclick does nothing to this end ; leftclick locates the file in Acdsee. It's not a text but a link.
          Are we talking about the same thing ? (-> screenshot).

Alaric (French)

Comment

Ooopsss, I apologize...
            I stated Rt.Click when it should be CNTRL-Rt.Click. The "CNTRL" brings up the WIn10 options menu instead of the ACDSee options menu.
            ​Sorry for causing confusion.

Option 1: (corrected)
            CNTRL Rt.Cick > Properties > [highlight_text_in_LocationField] > CNTRL-C
            This allows you to get the text for the file path that can later be pasted into a new explorer window.

Comment

Okay, thank you. (Shift rightclick does the same).

Comment

If you need this more often, you might prefer a shortcut key.

Create a new .cmd file in your tool folder, open it with your text editor, paste this:
                Code:
                explorer.exe /select, "%1"
                and save the file.

Then in AC make this batch an external editor and assign the new editor to a custom shortcut key (e.g. ALT-E).

From now on, you can select an image in manage mode, type ALT-E and AC will open a new explorer window with the focus on the file.

BTW. External editors in AC only allow fully qualified file paths without any extra arguments. AC also checks all defined external editors at start up and if they do not comply with this rule they are deleted without warning.
                Last edited by Emil; 09-17-2017, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Indeed, a shortcut would be welcome.
                  Maybe there is something I didn't understand ? Explorer opens himself but without the file; whichever selected file in Acdsee, Explorer opens its window in the same way: it shows the "root" of the computer (Hard drives, network...).

What do you mean by my "tool folder" ?

Alaric (French)

Comment

Yes, I've seen this too but don't know what was going in these cases.

I've got a folder named 'c:\programs\Emil\' that contains all my local batches and self made programs.

For debugging change the script:
                    Code:
                    explorer.exe /select, %1
                    pause
                    to see what's going on.

Here's a sample output:
                    Code:
                    >explorer.exe /select, "D:\Test\8Z0P8A_2.NEF"

>pause
                    Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . .

I use this batch since several years.
                    Last edited by Emil; 09-18-2017, 02:07 AM.

Comment

It works well, thanks a lot!
                      It works even without "pause".
                      The first time, I have made an transcription error into the bat file.

Comment

Would you like to go a little further?

You might have noticed that every time you type ALT-E a cmd window pops up and vanishes after a second. To get rid of this nasty little thing, create a short cut link of the .cmd file in the same folder and with the same name. This new file should have a small arrow on its icon. (It also has the invisible extension .lnk)

Next, right click this new file and change it's properties to be executed minimized.

In AC create a new external editor and point it to this file. To see the file in the dialogue, replace the filter string '*.EXE' by '*.LNK'.

With this change the batch gets started minimized and you will still see an icon in the task bar popping up. But imho this is far less annoying.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. That works fine.

Comment

Hi, all.
                            I have found an another way to display one picture in Windows Explorer. It's a little bit more work...
                            In manage mode, double-click (or View mode) on the picture; > Photos mode > Right click on the picture : there is the option to display the image in File Explorer.
                            Alaric (French)

Comment

Thanks for the « like ».

Comment

Working...
                              X