Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interface scaling on a 4K monitor

Hi,
    has anyone tried running ACDsee Pro 2018 on a 27", 4K monitor? I'm about to upgrade my monitor to a 27" and I'm hesitating between a 1440p and a 4K one. On a 4K the interface would have to be scaled (which shouldn't be an issue using Win 10 scaling option), but I'm worried that the image in develop or edit mode would be scaled while keeping its lower resolution or something like that (which would defeat the purpose of having a higher res monitor). I tried scaling the interface on my current monitor (as a test) and the image quality definitely seems to decrease as you scale up (like a zoomed in version of the same smaller picture).
    I just want confirmation that scaling will work properly on a 4K monitor
    And if someone can even post a screenshot of what the scaled interface in edit mode looks like, even better (or a comparison between native and scaled)

thanks a bunch, in the name of all users wondering if they should go 4K.

I use a 3840 x 2160 (UHD) monitor with Ultimate for the last year. I will never go back to anything less for image editing. There are sometimes when the fonts can get a bit small, but I tend to get over those types of things quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by GusPanella View Post
      I use a 3840 x 2160 (UHD) monitor with Ultimate for the last year. I will never go back to anything less for image editing. There are sometimes when the fonts can get a bit small, but I tend to get over those types of things quickly.
      Thanks for your answer. So you don't need any kind of scaling? I guess that means your monitor is bigger than 27" then. Still, I'd like to know what the program looks like when scaled up. I doubt I would be able to use it in UHD unless I get a like 32" monitor.

Comment

I use a 15.6" Dell XPS laptop.... Win10 scaling is set at 250%.

Comment

Think mine is %150. The only problem I have is fitting it to the screen sometimes.

Comment

Working...
          X