ACDSee Pro 7 Fails to Batch Export JPEGs with ALL IPTC Keywords

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSee Pro 7 Fails to Batch Export JPEGs with ALL IPTC Keywords

When exporting a group of photos say 20 in total, not all of the Exported JPEGs contain their original IPTC data. Anyone else noticing this bug?
    Its especially annoying since ACDSee support refuses to fix the "Send To... Flickr" https issue.

Windows 7 SR1 build 7601
    ACDSee Pro 7.1 build 163

Since years I usually export several hundred images daily and never missed any IPTC data in the exported files. So can you please give us a reproducible sample.

Comment

Here's 2 photos for comparison. The photos of flowers exported ok. But the photos of the subway platform sign exported *at the same time*, didn't. Why?? Note: similar shinanigans occur with Send To Flickr uploads.

I've included the original and the exported versions of each photo plus a screenshot of the Export settings.
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c7blrbgu7...2nAbPTWja?dl=0
      Last edited by rhizome; 10-03-2014, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Anyone else noticing this bug?
        Yes, me. Exported a bunch of files to publish online with a CMS that generates foto titles out of IPTC fields. Noticed some missing titles and double-checked the original and exported files - the IPTC field content definitely got lost during export. Very annoying.

ACDSee Pro 7.1 Build 164
        Windows 7 64-bit SR1 (Build 7601)

Comment

Very strange. I exported the sample "subway.jpg" from rhizome's dropbox and found the exported file was fine. Does this always happen with the same files on yours systems?

I can see that 'Caption-Abstract', 'Description', 'Image Description' and a keyword in the 'Subject' field are missing in "subway_export.jpg". But also 'Make' and 'Camera Model Name' are edited before export. ('Pentax' -> 'NORITSU KOKI'). So I guess before exporting "subway.jpg" into "subway_export.jpg" something else has been done with the file.

Comment

Originally posted by rhizome View Post
            When exporting a group of photos say 20 in total, not all of the Exported JPEGs contain their original IPTC data.
            It could be related to the first problem mentioned in this thread. Can you try the same export in the demo version of ACDSee Pro 8 and let us know the results? Thanks.
            Last edited by Robert Linsdell; 10-14-2014, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Can you try the same export in the demo version of ACDSee Pro 8
              Do the licensed Pro 7 and Demo Pro 8 versions coexist without a problem under the same Windows user account? If so, I'll give it a try.

BTW: I'm working with picture files on a NAS, not locally. This seems to cause another failure: an export leads to duplicated files in the source folder with a "_1" suffix to the original file names (I think ACDSee generates the exported files in the source folder, copies them to the destination folder but fails to delete them afterwards).

Comment

I ran both on the same Windows 7 machine without problems. They each have their own database.

Comment

Ok, I did a quick test today with ACDSee Pro 8 and it failed like Pro 7 exporting all IPTC fields flawlessly. Mentionable: they both failed on exactly the same JPG file (the other 37 exported fine). Havn't got time to investigate further the next days but I'll keep it in mind for next week (13 days left on the trial period )

Comment

when using the batch export data will be lost IPTC (Section Content as minmum) if your photo is exposed to changes in the mode Develop (ACDSee Pro 7 & 8) The authors can not explain?

Comment

This problem of lost IPTC data from EXPORTed images has been a major headache for me since at least Pro 6. I EXPORT a bunch of image files, all with IPTC data: some of the files export perfectly; some are missing some--but not all--IPTC data; and some are missing all IPTC data. I reported it to ACDsee support years ago, with no resolution. Now using Pro 8 with same problem. As a previous poster noted, the effect is very reproducible in that it is always the same files and same IPTC that is missing. When I get a few minutes I'll look into Gifo's observation regarding DEVELOP mode changes...interesting. This is such a headache, though. I have to repeat generating IPTC from ACDC database metadata after every EXPORT...which can take a few minutes each time. I see the last post on this thread was 11-06-2014. Has there been any progress since?

Comment

You could try to make a copy of the image, remove all metadata (EXIF ect.), add the IPTC again, export it and look, if the IPTC is there now. Maybe there is somthing in the existing metadata which ACDSee doesn't like.

Comment

Just to follow up on this, I contacted ACDsee support with the information that the loss of IPTC data occurs for files that have been Developed. They were able to reproduce the behavior had agreed that it is a bug. The bug also exists in Ultimate 8. They are working to resolve it in a future update. Batch EDIT can be used as a workaround as it does preserve IPTC flawlessly.

Comment

I'm wondering anyone has checked whether this bug has been addressed in Pro 9: 1. Enter IPTC metadata; 2. DEVELOP; 3. BATCH EXPORT; 4. IPTC metadata disappears!!!!
                            In Feb 2015 ACDsee support assured me they had reproduced the problem and were working to resolve it.

Comment

I can confirm that the problem exists in Ultimate 9.1 (Build 580).

Comment

Working...
                              X