How to import list of keywords

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to import list of keywords

I have a long list of keywords created in Photo Mechanic that I want to import into ACDSee Pro 2018. Can't find a way to do that and don't want to type many hundreds of keywords in ACDSee. I have the list in a text file, is there any way to get that info into ACDSee either in IPTC keywords or ACDSee keywords?

Very simple :-) Make sure the keywords are separated by commas, then cut and paste them to a dummy item. Ac will then add them all to it's master keyword list.
    Be aware that AC keeps two separated lists, one for AC-keywords and a second for IPTC-keywords.

Comment

Emil, do you mean I can add hundreds of keywords to a single dummy image file then have ACDSee read the metadata from the dummy file and all of those keywords will added to the ACDSee keyword list? If so that is great! I can then use a preset to copy all of the ACDSee keywords from the dummy file to IPTC keywords in the dummy file and I am set? I use the ACDSee keywords in ACDSee but need the IPTC keywords in the image files as well so I can see my keywords in other software mostly Photo Mechanic.

Comment

Originally posted by William R Wood View Post
        Emil, do you mean I can add hundreds of keywords to a single dummy image file then have ACDSee read the metadata from the dummy file and all of those keywords will added to the ACDSee keyword list?
        Yepp, but don't forget to delete the dummy when done.

I can then use a preset to copy all of the ACDSee keywords from the dummy file to IPTC keywords in the dummy file and I am set?
        Or apply the long list to the iptc keywords too.

If so that is great!
        Yes and no! AC does not use any kind of a controlled vocabulary, it's easy to add ton's of typos to the master keywords list and there's no easy way to get rid of them. :-(

Comment

Working...
        X