In Manage Mode Double Click Image Crashes Photo Studio Pro 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Manage Mode Double Click Image Crashes Photo Studio Pro 2018

This is a new issue. When I open a folder and double click an image to view it Studio Pro 2018 freezes completely and then Windows 10 displays the error that the program "has stopped working and will close." However, if I re-open the folder and from Manage select an image and click the VIEW option at the top the image will open and subsequent double clicks will open other selected images. Weird. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

At the suggestion of others I tried optimizing the database and running maintenance on the database. This did not help. I have submitted a ticket to the Help Desk.

Comment

Tech support sent me the following instruction, "When you open ACDSee in the Manage mode, go to the View menu and click on Reset Layout to reset and restart ACDSee. Test again."

I reset the layout, but the issue is still there and the program continues to crash - and now locks up after being idle for a few hours.

Comment

Just a thought, but is it possible that you have a mildly corrupt image in a particular folder? Or, is this problem happening all over the place? In the past, a lot of these unexplained crashes have turn out to be caused by bad data.

Comment

Originally posted by LV_Bill View Post
          Just a thought, but is it possible that you have a mildly corrupt image in a particular folder? Or, is this problem happening all over the place? In the past, a lot of these unexplained crashes have turn out to be caused by bad data.
          I don't think so. Tech Support had me set up an empty folder and run some exercises for that. No joy. They also had me uninstall the program and clear the registry. Again no luck and of course I lost all my workspaces and presets. When idle for an hour or so, the program also freezes up completely and is not even recognized by Windows Task Manager. Still waiting for Tech support to get back to me with more suggestions. Other programs - Luminar, PSP X9, Darktable, FastStone - all work fine.

Comment

Hi Jpmccormac,

You also sent us a support ticket( case 222402) and in reply you confirmed that the issue was addressed after layout reset. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks
            James
            Customer Care Team
            Last edited by James W-; 07-27-2018, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by James W- View Post
              Hi Jpmccormac,

You also sent us a support ticket( case 222402) and in reply you confirmed that the issue was addressed after layout reset. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks
              James
              Customer Care Team

I did send a reply and a Thank You to the support team that helped me. No sure if it was James or not, but my program is working fine now.

Comment

Working...
              X