Picasa Face Tag Migration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picasa Face Tag Migration

I'm looking to migrate from Picasa 3 to something supported. The ACDSee software seems to fit best with how I like to work compared to other products I've tried so far. The problem is that I have thousands of photos with face tagging in XMP tags. Is there--or plans for--some way to migrate those into ACDSee? Even with facial recognition it took me a LONG time to tag things in Picasa and don't want to go through that again.

Hello KFStein,

A face detection migration path from Picasa and Lightroom to ACDSee is on our road-map. Unfortunately we didn't have time in the 1st ACDSee 2019 release. Will consider it for an update or ACDSee 2020.

Regards,
    Mark

Comment

Excellent, thanks.

Comment

I'd like to express interest in such a facility as well and I suspect that there are many people like KFStein and me. I also have been using Picasa for many years and have invested countless hours in face tagging. I probably have between 50,000 and 100,000 photographs scanned from old family negatives, slides, prints etc and I have tagged over 2000 different individuals so far. I have looked for a replacement since the announcement that Picasa support was ceasing but have been unable to bring myself to migrate to anything else because I couldn't bear to lose so much work. A facility to migrate the embedded face tags from Picasa to ACDSee would be just what I need to encourage me to jump in that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by mcosgrove View Post
          Hello KFStein,

A face detection migration path from Picasa and Lightroom to ACDSee is on our road-map. Unfortunately we didn't have time in the 1st ACDSee 2019 release. Will consider it for an update or ACDSee 2020.

Regards,
          Mark
          Reading and also writing Picasa face tags is a must have for me.
          It seems that I have to stick to Picasa for another year...

Comment

Working...
          X