Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not showing cropped DNG files

Hi,

I am working with RAW files converted from CR2 to DNG and crop them usually within Adobe Bridge / Camera RAW.
    But the DNG viewer plugin of ACDSee (not only latest version 2019) can't recognize this "setting" and do not show the cropped image, instead the whole image (preview image and in editing mode).

Is this right and there is no other plugin which can handle such edited DNG files?

Thanks!
    webaschtl

Does Adobe Bridge read settings of Camera RAW, or vice versa? I guess not. All raw converters use their own proprietary formats to store raw conversion settings, whatever storage they may use for the settings: internal XMP, XMP side car files, DOP side car files ... Afaik there doesn't exist any standard for this.

Comment

Adobe Bridges uses Camera RAW for editing the DNGs. Therefore "of course" it shows edited DNGs correctly.
      And, yes, I know the incompatibilities – however it would have been nice, if the ACDSee DNG engine/plugin would be able to readout at least the cropping dimensions. And for editing RAW files ACDSee is too slow

Comment

Working...
      X