ACDSee Category to IPTC Category

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSee Category to IPTC Category

The IPTC Metadata has a Category field, so is there any way to convert and write the ACDSee Database Category to the IPTC Category ?

Thanks

JohnT

No, the IPTC Category field is of a totally different nature. It is designed and limited to hold very specific standard and non hierarchical categories. The ACDSee categories are hierarchical and you can tailor and decide what categories might be useful to you. Thee are no hierarchical IPTC field that correspond to the ACDSee categories. You can transfer your ACDSee categories to for example IPTC Keywords or IPTC Description - but the hierarchy will not be kept.

Comment

Dand;

Thanks for the explanation. How do I map the ACDSee category to the IPTC keywords...?

Thanks

JohnT

Comment

I write the ACDSee Categories to IPTC Instructions. I wanted to keep the categories as they offered some additional detail but didn't want to overwrite the IPTC keywords so chose Instructions as it's a field that I don't think would ever be used.

Comment

It's not automatic mapping... but you can design a meta data preset (Ctrl+M) and use it when ever you want to copy the ACDSee cats to for example IPTC Keywords or IPTC Instructions...

Comment

If you have several Metadata Presets, how do you choose which one will be applied when you use the (Ctrl + M) shortcut?

Thsnks

Greg

Comment

Drop down the Presets list and choose "Manage Presets..."

In the "Manage Metadata Presets" dialog click the right-pointing arrow at the top right (it will say "Set Shortcut Preset" if you hover the mouse over it)

Comment

Thanks John, I missed that.

Comment

Working...
                X