ACDP 8 - Filters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDP 8 - Filters

Having applied a gradient filter in develop mode and clicking on the "View Original" the image that appears is nothing like the original. It appears to be only the green channel shown and at much reduced exposure. The image is a raw from a Nikon D800. I have reported this to customer support but thought I would mention it here in case anyone else has the same problem.

Edit: Only seems to happen if I apply two filters. With only a single filter the problem doesn't arise.
    Last edited by philipW99; 10-15-2014, 05:46 AM. Reason: Added additional info.

I don't have any Nikon gear, but I do recognize your description. I've seen that weird green version of a Raw image before. Believe it or not, that is what the true Raw image looks like before any Develop Processing has taken place. But, you are never supposed to ever see that version of your Raw image. The only two versions of a Raw image that you should ever see are: (1.) the embedded Jpeg preview image, or (2.) the fully developed original of the Raw image.

Bottom-line, you definitely have something wrong in your system. First thing, I would run an uninstall and reinstall -- just to eliminate the possibility of a corrupted software installation. After the reinstall, see if you can duplicate the same issue. If you can, then maybe there is a true ACDSee bug in the Raw decode module for the Nikon D800. Post back after you have done some more experimenting.

Comment

Yepp, here's a sample. This is unaltered RAW from a D800 just loaded into develop mode:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	original.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	8254

This one shows the same shot after two linear gradients with slightly emphasised exposure values have been set and while the "Show Original" button is clicked:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	show_original.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	8255

However, after "Done" is clicked and develop mode is opened again this effect is gone.

[Edit]
      After resetting the process of image to original and doing the same procedure again the effect didn't show up.

Last edited by Emil; 10-16-2014, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X