canvas display offset bug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canvas display offset bug

Opened a previously used document today and got the canvas image offset bug. Showing the properties bar seemed to fix, but hiding it again results in a different offset, which showing it again does not fix. Anyway is this being fixed/investigated? Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	42241

Offset is not cured by closing and reopening document. Can be fixed by 1) showing properties bar, 2) clicking maximize window button, then minimize button.

While doing this I was reminded of another common canvas glitch/bug: when clicking on the lower right corner of the window (to resize), the window will often instantly shift downwards and out of the screen area. only the top left of the border remains on screen. Seen it often but difficult to reproduce consistently.
    Last edited by balthazar deep; 06-09-2017, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Interesting, I've never seen that happen. If you have the Toolbar open, close it, or if it's closed, open it and see if that helps. I have to keep the Toolbar open to be able to use the keyboard to copy/ paste text that I highlight inside of a text object, closed just beeps when I use the keyboard command. Albert is aware of that one.
      Last edited by kohanmike; 06-08-2017, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Do you have both the Toolbar and Properties bar hidden when this happens?
        If so, try it with only the Properties bar hidden. Keep the toolbar showing.
        Let me know if this is better.

Comment

I have toolbar closed and properties open routinely these days since there are so many bugs associated with closing the properties bar.

Comment

Seriously no one has seen this? I see it regularly. I saw it immediately today upon first opening this document.

Comment

Sorry, but no can't seem to make it happen.
              Can you send me this document?
              Do you have Fit to windows checked in Preferences under Functionality Options?
              I know this is happening to you, but we must make it happen here in order to fix it. Anything you can tell me about how you have Canvas setup and your system that may make a difference. For example; are you running a two monitor setup? If so, which monitor is Canvas coming up on?
              Other than having the Toolbar hidden and the Properties bar visible in Canvas, is there anything else you have changed in Canvas or the system which is not a default setting?

Comment

As I mentioned, I alway keep the Toolbar open in text view to keep it out of the way as much as possible. I have the Preferences Fit to Window checked. If it helps anyone, here's my Functionality Options.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Canvas Functionality Prefs.png
Views:	1
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	42261

Comment

Originally posted by ajimenez View Post
                  Sorry, but no can't seem to make it happen.
                  Can you send me this document?
                  Do you have Fit to windows checked in Preferences under Functionality Options?
                  I know this is happening to you, but we must make it happen here in order to fix it. Anything you can tell me about how you have Canvas setup and your system that may make a difference. For example; are you running a two monitor setup? If so, which monitor is Canvas coming up on?
                  Other than having the Toolbar hidden and the Properties bar visible in Canvas, is there anything else you have changed in Canvas or the system which is not a default setting?

Do have fit to window checked (not sure what that does - how is it significant?). Think my settings are same as mikes above actually, except I keep the toolbar closed. I will send the file if you let me know an email address. Honestly I havent made any settings changes. I also just saw the window displacement/maximize bug again with this document that I mentioned in another thread. Perhaps they are related. anyway I did nothing to provoke it - honestly, I just opened it, and saw it happen immediately. Same with the window offset bug.

Comment

Working...
                  X