No announcement yet.

Canvas Draw 4 is out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First impressions of CD4...can now use Symbol font without any issues, can correctly move pages around in Document Layout, option-copying an object is now fast enough so that the object is duplicated and not just moved. These were my major issues and all are fixed in CD4. Hopefully, the disappearing image during cropping is fixed but I haven't tested it yet. Collaboration would be better if you could save in .cvx format - not gonna happen. The new features are not useful to me so far (although the Type palette is nice), but the bug fixes and speed are well worth the reasonable upgrade price of $79. Its possible (crossing fingers) that after a ten year wait, Canvas is finally ready for prime time on the Mac with CD4.

P.S. I just realized Slideshow is back with Presentation documents! Nice.
    Last edited by foxp; 06-24-2017, 07:40 AM.

Comment

In my testing, the disappearing image is fixed. Nice that slideshow is back. I now have confidence that Canvas Draw will keep getting better and better.

Comment

I just discovered that if there's a camera/smartphone is attached to the computer, that Cameras & Scanner palate launches, does not do it with only a scanner attached. There should be a preference to stop auto launch of the palate.

Comment

Mike, could you clarify the issue a little please? Currently there are two ways to open the Cameras & Scanners palette. One way is to choose it from Palettes under the Windows menu. The other way is by connecting a device like iPhone/iPad to the computer while a Canvas document is open. Is your palette coming up a different way? If so, tell me exactly how please. Thank you

Comment

I have my iPhone plugged into the computer, when I launch Canvas, the Cameras & Scanners window opens on top of the document. I have to close the Cameras & Scanners to see the document.

Comment

After paying for and downloading CD4. I installed it on my primary computer (iMac). I then copied CD4 from the iMac and copied it into my backup computer, a MacBook Pro. In my MacBook Pro, I launched CD4 and entered the same product serial number as in the iMac. I then got a message saying that I cannot use this software, it is being used on too many computers. That's only two computers that is using this CD4 with the same serial number. If I remember correctly, I was permitted to install CD2 and CD3 on these same two computers using the same serial number. Is CD4 now only usable in one computer per payment?

Comment

With the Canvas 4 release, I guess this means that they won't fix the bugs in Canvas 3.

If you buy Canvas 4 without the assurance program, my understanding is that you won't be eligible to minor update / bug fix. Is that correct ?

At the end, own much do I have to pay for a fully working program? Should we assume that Canvas 5 will be there next year and we will have to pay again ?

I will wait for more comments on Canvas 4 and decide if its worth to upgrade.

Comment

Hello Skysea,

According to the license agreement, Canvas draw with one seat license code, or one seat software assurance plan, can only be installed and registered on one computer.

Can you send us an email with your order number or email address that you used to place the order ? We will be able to confirm the number of seats you purchased. Here is the link to the support form: https://acdsystems.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Thanks

James - ACD Customer Care team

Last edited by James W-; 06-28-2017, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SL06 View Post
                    With the Canvas 4 release, I guess this means that they won't fix the bugs in Canvas 3. If you buy Canvas 4 without the assurance program, my understanding is that you won't be eligible to minor update / bug fix. Is that correct? At the end, how much do I have to pay for a fully working program? Should we assume that Canvas 5 will be there next year and we will have to pay again? I will wait for more comments on Canvas 4 and decide if its worth to upgrade.
                    There have been a number of updates to Canvas Draw 3 at no cost, and upgrading to Canvas Draw 4 is only $79, $49 with the assurance program. As far as I understand, updates will continue to be free, and when an upgrade comes, there will be what I consider a nominal cost, and the full price is only $199 (especially when in the past upgrades were $199 and full price was $599). Makes sense to me and I'm totally on board.

Comment

Originally posted by James W- View Post
                      According to the license agreement, Canvas draw with one seat license code, or one seat software assurance plan, can only be installed and registered on one computer.

James - ACD Customer Care team
                      James,

You have helped me many times in the past which I have always appreciated greatly. Rather than write only to you this time, I thought it useful to ask here so more can see the response. What is the cost structure for adding a seat? For example, I am in the assurance program and wish to have Canvas Draw on my laptop (for occasional use) as well as on my iMac.

Tim

Comment

I have not downloaded Canvas Draw 4 just yet, but some of what I have seen here is reassuring and confirms what I have stated a few times on these boards about the progress of the software. While playing around in Canvas draw 3 one of the things I noticed was that there was no Type palette. It seems that the type palette has returned in Canvas Draw 4.

Another feature addition that please me is the return of TWAIN, or similar scanner, support. While Macs do have a built-in scanning capability in Preview, I prefer to have the ability to have raw scanning capability within my graphics software of choice. One of my primary uses for Canvas X for a few years before I started my home purchase process was scanning in the cover art from CDs that I was ripping into iTunes. Once I am able to unpack my music collection and find a new scanner that is as good as my old CanoScan 9950F was, I still have some 250+ CDs to rip, let alone a considerable wishlist of music still to be purchased. With Canvas X I had the ability to directly scan the covers, perform color correction, dust and scratch removal, and then finally export consistently-sized JPEGs to be attached to the corresponding music files in iTunes.

Comment

I' d just want to add that Canvas 4 seems much more stable than previous versions. I had some big documents open for several hours and nothing went wrong ! Great !
                          Let's hope it will keep on doing so ...

Peter

Comment

Following up on my post above, I checked with Customer Service about adding an extra seat for my laptop. They did offer a discount for the seat itself, but not for the assurance program on that seat. My use of Canvas Draw on the laptop is so seldom that I decided against adding the seat. That is no complaint about the offer I received! My decision is based strictly on my potential use.

Tim

Comment

Version 4.0.1 has seen the light!

Comment

Canvas draw 4 update seems much better, faster and so far no irritations. I would recommend it.

Comment

Working...
                                X