Canvas Draw 4 bug reports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canvas Draw 4 bug reports

Use this thread to post any bugs you might find in Canvas Draw 4.

Still a problem when highlighting text in a text box with the Tool Bar hidden, the keyboard commands copy/cut don't work. Work around I use is to show the Tool Bar with text only to keep it as out of the way as possible.
    Last edited by kohanmike; 06-29-2017, 12:05 PM.

Mike, something else is in play here. I tested this carefully when going after the beeping issue. Just tried it again and it's working for me. I have the toolbar hidden. I created a paragraph. Placed it in edit mode. Highlighted a word, and I was able to copy it using command+c and cut it using command+x. I was then able to paste it outside the text box. I tried it with the toolbar hidden and also with the properties bar hidden just in case. Can you reproduce it in a new fresh document?

Comment

I tested on a new document and on a couple of existing documents and now I can't reproduce the problem. I didn't take notice of which document had the problem, but I'll note all the details if it shows up again. Thank you again Albert.

Comment

No problem, glad to be of help.

Comment

Albert, I think I can upgrade my system to Sierra now, but you mentioned something about it not allowing hiding the toolbar, is that the case?

Comment

Yes, in Sierra the option to right click on the toolbar and hide it was removed. There is a way to have a menu that does it, however do to our current windowing setup this option would cause all sorts of issues when in full screen mode, so we decide not to do it.

​We are however researching a bit to see if we could force the toolbar to always show when in full screen mode.

Comment

I actually don't want the toolbar to show. Can we at least choose to only show text in the Tool Bar?

Comment

I think I found a bug with text width and height percentage. I have a text object of song lyrics using Futura Condensed Bold. I set width percentage to 95, but when I set it back to 100, it gets narrower than at 95.

(What is going on? Every png or jpg attachment I try to upload gives my an invalid file data error.)

Comment

I also find that if I leave the Properties Bar open continuously, Canvas 4 slows down more and more, especially when choosing text objects.

Comment

Just tried to import a photo from my iPhone when the Cameras & Scanners opened after I plugged in the iPhone. It imported, but when I close the window, Canvas quits. If I don't import, the window will close with no problem. My workaround is to do the import, then save immediately, close the Camera & Scanner window and let it crash, reopen the document and the photo is there.

Also, if I have my iPhone plugged into the computer and launch Canvas, the Cameras & Scanners palette open automatically, or if I'm running Canvas and plug in my iPhone, Cameras & Scanners launches even if I'm working with another application. I want to be able to shut off auto launch and use the palette only at my choosing from the Palette menu.
                    Last edited by kohanmike; 07-15-2017, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Found a bug in the image tools. With a medium gray object in an image, putting the image in edit mode, selecting part of it with the Lasso or Marquee tool, and copying works fine. But, leaving the image in edit mode and pasting the copied part back into the image results in a dark outline around the pasted-in piece. Feathering the edge does not do away with the effect.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Anderson View Post
                        Found a bug in the image tools. With a medium gray object in an image, putting the image in edit mode, selecting part of it with the Lasso or Marquee tool, and copying works fine. But, leaving the image in edit mode and pasting the copied part back into the image results in a dark outline around the pasted-in piece. Feathering the edge does not do away with the effect.

Tim
                        I've run into something like that, my remedy is to uncheck anti-alias in the Properties Bar.

Comment

Thanks. That works.

I did have anti-alias unchecked, but had been working long with several Canvas Draw files involving images and image processing. I should have quit and restarted Canvas Draw and probably would not have had the problem. Somehow, I always forget that solution when I hit what I think is a bug!

Tim

Comment

Not really a bug, but annoying. On importing a PDF with text, not all fonts are converted to paths when "Convert Embedded Fonts to Paths." I presume some fonts are not embedded and are, consequently, not converted. That can lead to some pretty unsightly effects with the non-converted fonts.

Tim

Comment

In past versions of Canvas, I complained that importing PDF converted fonts to paths and never kept real text, they finally fixed that. Why do you want to convert to paths, don't you want to be able edit the text?

Comment

Working...
                              X