No announcement yet.

Canvas Draw 4 bug reports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used the latest update to canvas 4 today. NO BUGS! I will keep my fingers crossed but I can finally recommend canvas to people for professional use.

Comment

Maybe a small bug - or maybe me. I am trying to put the page number on the master page, so all pages show the correct page number. However, when I create a text object, type "p" for page, then use the menu item Text->Insert->Page # -- nothing is inserted. I like to have p2/7 for example - and the second number - Text->Insert->Total Page # - is inserted ok. If I go to a page (not the Master page), then I *can* insert the Page #, but it shows as the same number on all pages, which makes it pretty pointless. I am maybe optimistic, but I thought that the Page # and the Total Page # would be dynamic, one changing according to the page being displayed, the other changing as the total number of pages changes. No?

Comment

First you have to insert a header or footer before you insert the page number.

Comment

Doh! Who knew? But that works fine and as expected. (Still, why restrict it to a header, why not the whole Master Page? Its a bit hidden like this. Next you will be telling me to read the manual! Wait, there's a manual?)

Comment

Once you place the header or footer, you can move it anywhere on the page. I knew it all from a long time ago, but it had been so long that I forgot until I contacted Albert a few weeks ago and he reminded me. Not to be contrary, but I'm one that does read manuals and instructions... most of the time.
            Last edited by kohanmike; 09-27-2017, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X