No announcement yet.

Canvas Draw 4 bug reports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suggest reseting Canvas; delete the Preferences in the Library folder, also the Canvas folder in the Applications Support folder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Canvas plist.png
Views:	1
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	45581

Name:	Canvas App Sup.png
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	45580

Comment

Just testing why the forum list is not showing my last reply by adding another reply.

Comment

Hmmm, I don't have a Canvas Draw preferences file to delete... I deleted the ACD Systems folder in the Application Support. Had to re-register Canvas (and also Photo Studio) with email, password, licence key. Successful. Tried to do the gradient fill tool... same result: got as far as picking a colour - crash.

First few lines of crash report:

Process: Canvas Draw [3622]
        Path: /Applications/Canvas Draw.app/Contents/MacOS/Canvas Draw
        Identifier: com.acdsystems.Canvas-Draw4
        Version: 4.0.1 (39)
        Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
        Parent Process: ??? [1]
        Responsible: Canvas Draw [3622]
        User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2018-01-22 16:09:09.077 +1300
        OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.2 (17C88)
        Report Version: 12
        Anonymous UUID: 161D5798-88A9-96EB-4C19-67743565248E

Sleep/Wake UUID: 21AA81B0-73DD-4D78-8DFB-BADC2E9F05E6

Time Awake Since Boot: 37000 seconds
        Time Since Wake: 1800 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
        Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
        Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
        Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
        Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

VM Regions Near 0:
        -->
        __TEXT 0000000100163000-000000010160a000 [ 20.7M] r-x/rwx SM=COW  [/Applications/Canvas Draw.app/Contents/MacOS/Canvas Draw]

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
        0 com.acdsystems.Canvas-Draw4 0x000000010070bed9 0x100163000 + 5934809
        1 com.acdsystems.Canvas-Draw4 0x0000000100d29e39 0x100163000 + 12348985
        2 com.acdsystems.Canvas-Draw4 0x0000000100956033 0x100163000 + 8335411
        [continues]

Comment

That's strange. Did you also delete the plist in Preferences? Have you submitted that to ACD Canvas support? They don't keep track of this forum very often. https://acdsystems.desk.com/customer...tal/emails/new

Comment

That's just it - there was no plist file in preferences. Weird. I have just done a search on entire hard drive for string "com.acdsyst" and there are no matches. I will submit a crash report. Thanks!

Comment

You might not be looking in the correct Library. Go to the Finder, then hold down the Option key on the keyboard and click once on the Go menu. In the list that drops down, there will be a Library choice about half way down. Click once on it to get to the correct Library. Let go of the Option key and look in the Application Support folder and the Preferences folder.

Comment

Thanks kohanmike; I found the right Library with the preferences and Application Support (I thought searching the text string should have found it...). Anyway - I deleted the .plist and the Canvas Draw folder in Application Support. Restarted machine. Open Canvas Draw 4, draw rectangle, apply gradient fill, choose colour - crash!

BTW this behaviour is the same when choosing a Hatch line colour.

I have submitted a bug report.

Comment

You may want to reinstall Canvas as well. Oh, I just thought of something, go to the Canvas Draw menu, choose Preferences, then Color Management and see which one is chosen, then choose the other.

Name:	Canvas Draw Pref color.png
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	45640

Comment

OK - Little CMS was selected, so I selected the Canvas Draw CMS. Had to restart the machine to make changes effective. Tried again, but alas, same result - crash on picking colour. Next step is to reinstall, I suppose.

Comment

I'm not happy that CD4 can't perform a Star Outline in the Multigon Tool anymore. I've notified Customer Support about this.

Comment

I just did. Here is a screen shot. I selected the Rectangle tool, then the Star tool.

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 8.58 AM.png
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	45736

Comment

I'm running High Sierra 10.13.3 on my iMac 5K and getting only a Star Frame and Star Spoke choice in the Multigon Tool, no Star Outlne.
                          Last edited by SkySea; 02-03-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Looks like a bug, so instead, after you draw the star, you need to go to the color palette and in fill, choose none.

Comment

Upon further review, the Easy Shape pallet doesn't operate properly either in High Sierra. Selecting each Easy Shape selection produces a unmatching shape on a CD4 illustration document. See my CD4 composite page.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kohanmike View Post
                                Looks like a bug, so instead, after you draw the star, you need to go to the color palette and in fill, choose none.
                                The resulting Star Outline shape is a line shape and without a filled area. There is no fill response from the color fill pallet for the Spoke, Star, Outline, and Wheel shapes that all look the same, as a Spoke. Playing with the fill colors produces no effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X