No announcement yet.

Canvas Draw 4 bug reports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's working for me in all cases. I'm on Sierra with a referb MacBook Pro !7" 2011, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD. Maybe High Sierra is the problem.
    Last edited by kohanmike; 02-03-2018, 11:00 PM.

Comment

I've sent in these High Sierra bugs to Customer Support.

Comment

Customer Support had me delete a few MacOS plists and ~/Library files for CD4 and now the Multigon Tools work properly. The Easy Shapes tool still doesn't work.

Useful instructions from Customer Support:

In the meantime, can you try the following to reset the Canvas draw settings and see if that would make any difference:

- Close Canvas Draw 4
        - In Finder's menu bar, click "Go" and choose "Go to Folder", type '~/Library'.
        - You are now at the user Library folder
        - Navigate to "\Library\Application Support\ACDSystems\Canvas Draw"
        - Remove both "cvAppdata_4.set" and "cvPalettes_4.set".
        - Navigate to "Library\Preferences"
        - Delete "com.acdsystems.Canvas-Draw4.plist".

Re-relaunch the program to test if the issue is resolved.

In addition, can you try to see if you can use such easyshapes correctly under a different user account ? So I suggest, for troubleshooting purpose, create a admin new user account from System Preferences | Users and Groups, and see if the issue will appear in Canvas draw 4 under that new user account too.

Last edited by SkySea; 02-06-2018, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Good feedback, thanks.

Comment

On my iMac 5k, CD4 and High Sierra: Binding text to an object or vector line doesn't work. Doesn't do anything. Anyone else have this issue?

Comment

The Path Text Tool does work, so that's a work around.

Comment

the update version 4.0.2.60 isn't working download sits at full download .... thats it .....

Comment

Just launched Canvas Draw and a notice came up for the update. Clicked and it downloaded the dmg then extracted the updater, showed in a Finder window, I pulled the Canvas Draw icon to the application folder icon, did the install, launched Canvas and it opened. Love that I can stop the Cameras & Scanners window from opening when I have my iPhone plugged in.

Comment

Hi Junme,

The update was downloaded without problem for me, and installation was successful. I am wondering if there might be some connection issues when you were downloading the update. Could you try again ?

And you can also find the direct download link for this update in the support center:
                    https://www.canvasgfx.com/en/support/canvas-draw-4

Or just use this direct download link for Canvas draw 4.02, build 60
                    http://dl.acdsystems.com/canvas/en/M...mac-x64-en.dmg

Hope this helps.

James
                    Customer Care Team
                    Last edited by James W-; 02-23-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

High Sierra, 2017 MacBook Pro, current/latest version of Canvas Draw.

If the computer has been left running long enough, Canvas Draw fails to launch.

Comment

I'm having terrible problems with text in CanvasDraw4 (did not happen in 3). Late 2015 iMac i7 4GHz core, 32Mb RAM, OS 10.11.6,. When I try to use text objects, everything becomes extremely slow. I can type a word and sit back and watch it appear, a letter at a time. Moving text objects with the arrow keys is likewise impossibly slow. Non-text objects are mostly OK. In theh old days (CanvasX and before), this type of behavior appeared when you had copied something large to the clipboard, and copying something small (like a line, or a letter) solved it, but not here. I am literally working at a snail's pace. Anyone else seen this? thanks

Comment

Try these; show the Tool Bar if you have it hidden, also, go to Canvas Draw Preferences > Color Management, change the popup choice to the other, I keep it on Little CMS. That used to happen to me in older versions when I kept the Properties Bar open.

Comment

The way you described is the way it is already set up.

Comment

I'm using Canvas Draw 4.0.2 b 60 with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G1212) and don't have that text problem. Have you tried deleting the Canvas application support folder and Preferences plist or reinstalling Canvas? Oh, and you might check your fonts with Font Book for corrupt or conflicting fonts. In the past Canvas has had problems with that.

Comment

It seems I did have some font problems, I restored default fonts. Regarding Canvas Application Support, should I just delete the entire "ACD Systems" folder or the "Canvas Draw" subfolder, or some specific files within it? Also, I notice that there are 3 com.acdsystems.Canvas-Draw.plist files, for the previous versions, I wonder if this had anything to do with it? Let me know about the Support folder and I will reply back with whether there is any improvement. thank you for your help, kohanmike!

Comment

Working...
                                X