Subscription?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscription?

I received an e-mail offering an annual subscription to Canvas Draw for Mac, for $79/year. Does that mean that to upgrade we need to move to an annual plan? In other words the software stops working when we stop paying the annual fee? Or is this just different language to describe the same upgrade?

Everything is going Subscription. Crap! Canvas X 2018 for the PC is now subscription. I'm sure ACD will do this with Canvas Draw too. Thank you Adobe for starting this.

Comment

Well the website for Draw is not that clear on subscriptions. It seems to offers upgrades for $99 or annual subscriptions for $79. That would be an easy choice for most people I think.

Canvas is not like anything Adobe, there is no way a subscription will fly except for government users who are forced to use it. The user base seems microscopically tiny and a subscription would just kill that base.

Comment

Hello,

Please note that Canvas X 2018 and Canvas Draw are offered for sale in both models. You can buy a one time license or sign up for a subscription.

Please see below and note you can buy a full license or sign up for a subscription. It is ACD policy to offer both models to our customers and the full license model is not going away.

Regards,
        Mark

Comment

Thank you Mark, that is very good news.

Comment

Mark, yu da man! Thank you.

Comment

Perhaps I will go back to a full license. Canvas Draw is now so complete and stable that an upgrade every year might not happen. If that is the case, the full license model (upgrade price) would be more economic and might not have some of the restrictions on use of Canvas Draw. I must admit to not being a fan, in general, of the subscription trend in software.

Tim

Comment

Working...
              X