Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canvas Draw Assurance Program mis-steps.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canvas Draw Assurance Program mis-steps.

I signed up for the Canvas Draw Assurance Program last year for $49. Today when I launched Canvas, it gave me a message that my subscription expired with a button to renew. When I clicked it, I was taken to the Canvas Draw web page to either buy it for $199, upgrade for $99 or buy a subscription for $79. No where did it show the Canvas Draw Assurance Program renewal.

I called the ACD number on the screen and went to customer service where I explained that I was never notified that my subscription was going to expire, and that there is no Assurance Program renewal on the web page. He had to go into my account and set the payment manually. I then complained that in MyAccount, there's no place to control my account like any of my other web services has. He said he would pass that on to the web team, and that they are working on improving the site.

Aside from that, he alluded that there will be a Canvas Draw 5 at some point.

Ironically, I just got a 'Subscription Expiring' Notice for Canvas Draw 3.. I'm on 4 w/latest updates. I just figured that was why my subscription to 3 was expiring and why on earth should I renew it?

Comment

Hi HiloJoe,

This is a message from a legacy product of Canvas draw 3 download Insurance and backup CD and I have turned off that notification. Sorry for the confusion this may have caused.

Regards,
      James
      ACD Customer Care.

Comment

Mahalo (Thank You) James!

Comment

James ACD Customer Care CANVAS DRAW 5?

Comment

Hi rwebber,

I assume the question is about the availability of Canvas draw 5, the next version of Canvas draw for Mac. The plan is to release this new version in the fall of 2018.

Thanks
            James

Comment

Thanks very much for that James. Please pass on that it would be great to have style sheets back.

Comment

I look forward to seeing what is in the next version.

As for the Assurance Program, I just received notice that mine has been automatically renewed for $49.

Tim

Comment

Yeah, I just received one of those "Your Software Reassurance is Renewing Soon" messages myself. Beside the odd phrasing (usually it's "Expiring Soon"), I panicked because I can't find where my previous payment information is stored; I need to put in a fresh credit card number. Unless this is a free renewal of the service plan (which is something service plans are normally famous for not doing). So yeah, that notice leaves me with a lot of questions.

Comment

Hi Territan,

According to our record, your Your Software Assurance for Canvas Draw was setup as auto renew. But if you want to renew again with a fresh credit card, I suggest that you place a new order for the software assurance.

I've sent the ordering detail to your verizon.net email address.

Thanks
                    James
                    ACD Customer Care

Comment

I have a question regarding the Assurance program...I too am a member...should at some point in the future I decide not to renew the Assurance program will I be able to continue to use Canvas Draw after the subscription lapses? I ask because updates I’ve downloaded under the program have not require a license key.

Comment

Unfortunately Canvas will stop working after the subscription lapses.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Just to make sure we’re on the same page...is the assurance program the same as a the subscription program? I assumed I was paying a fee for free updates. But as I indicated previously, I’m a little worried that these updates don’t require a license key. If there’s a chance the updates through the assurance program will stop working, I’d rather pay the full update pricing.

Comment

Working...
                          X