Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canvas Draw 5 for Mac - A message from our CEO

I received a message entitled "A message from our CEO" today:

Do not miss out on the powerful new Canvas features coming your way this fall! Get the best price on every Canvas X upgrade with Software Assurance.

What's planned for Canvas Draw 5?

♦ Touch bar feature
    ♦ Smart Snaps feature
    ♦ Table tool and object tool
    ♦ and much more!

Wow, wow, wow! I just cannot wait!

How come I don't receive these messages, I'm on their mailing list? I hope it gets back style sheets for desktop publishing.

Comment

I just want to add how happy I am that ACD is letting the development team carry on with Canvas Draw for Mac. They've been doing a great job making improvements and adding back features that made Canvas the versatile application it was. I use it every day.

Comment

I echo Mike's sentiments - the continuing development of Canvas has been really valuable, and I also use it every day.

Comment

Canvas 5 pre-order email received today.
          $99 one-off, save 60% on $249 full price.
          $49 on subscription.
          Release date end of July.
          New Features

• Touch Bar Support
          • Table Features
          • Copy cells from Excel

• Type palette
          • Font Styles

• New Dynamic Effects (shadow, glow, etc.)

• Smart Snaps
          • SVGZ Export
          • Color Guides

• Enhanced Selection Bounds

Comment

Ready and waiting, just bookmarked My Assurance Program Portal to download the app when it's ready.

Comment

I too am happy that upgrades continue for Canvas Draw but am curious as to what the "and much more!" refers to?

Comment

Pete, did you see my post about paste style?

Comment

Didn't receive this email ... I am on the mailing list. Any links to assist with offer? Thanks.

Comment

Mike, yes I did see your comment about paste style...thanks very much. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

I stayed with CD 2 because it has worked just fine for me until lately. Now am having lots of crashes...rats...and I use it daily.

So I'm waiting to see what's in CD 5...am very curious.

Comment

If anyone on this forum has access to a pre-release version of Canvas for Mac 5, could you please check if it fixes the pdf export bug still present in v. 4.0.2? Namely, when "Saving as..." pdf and then "Save Selected" rather than "Save Document," is the exported pdf file's bounding box that of the selected objects (correct behavior) or that of the entire document's frame (incorrect, current behavior). I reported the problem about a year ago, had a brief exchange with someone from ACDsee who told me that this was not desired behavior and that she was forwarding the report to developers. I haven't heard anything since then.

Canvas X for Mac had the proper behavior, so it's disappointing that Canvas for Mac 4 doesn't. As it is, the application is basically useless to produce graphics for LaTeX, and I am not willing to pay again for something that I can't use. So, anyway, if one of you can check this and report here, I would greatly appreciate it.

Comment

There is no pre-lease version in the hands of a consumer, and employees are not allowed to disclose anything until the next release, which should be in a couple of weeks. Have you looked at both PDF export choices in Save As...? I export using the basic PDF choice that goes to pro level printing companies with no issues. The other PDF choice has more settings to control the PDF.

Comment

Originally posted by kohanmike View Post
                          There is no pre-lease version in the hands of a consumer, and employees are not allowed to disclose anything until the next release, which should be in a couple of weeks. Have you looked at both PDF export choices in Save As...? I export using the basic PDF choice that goes to pro level printing companies with no issues. The other PDF choice has more settings to control the PDF.
                          Yes, I have tried the options of the "expert" choices. All I managed to do was to change the location of the upper-left corner of the selected group, but the pdf exported still occupies a full page. You don't understand what I am trying to do. I am not trying to export a document for print (and I have no doubt that the pdf documents produced by Canvas are suitable for your purpose). I want to export selected object into a minimum-size pdf that can be embedded into another document (in my case in a LaTeX document). This is the way older versions of Canvas used to export "Save Selection" as a pdf, and, according to the message I got from that ACD employee, this is the way Canvas for Mac should export, but doesn't.

Comment

I see. Maybe v5 will include it. Albert Jimenez mentioned to me a couple months ago that v5 will include new features and many fixes, though he could not be specific. There was a vast improvement from v3 to v4.

Comment

Received today:

Don't miss this exclusive Pre-Order Offer - Pre-Order Canvas™ Draw 5 for Mac today!
                              With the release of Canvas™ Draw 5 for Mac coming at the end of July, we would like to offer you this special presale pricing - Download will be available after release
                              $99 - PRE-ORDER NOW - SAVE 60% - FULL PRICE $249

New Features
                              • Touch Bar Support
                              • Table Features
                              • Copy cells from Excel
                              • Type palette
                              • Font Styles
                              • New Dynamic Effects (shadow, glow, etc.)
                              • Smart Snaps
                              • SVGZ Export
                              • Color Guides
                              • Enhanced Selection Bounds

For personal use only | Limit of 5 copies per purchase | Offer ends July 17, 2018

You are receiving this email because you have indicated interest in product updates and special offers for Canvas™ GFX. Our sale and promotional pricing is intended for individual purchases. Canvas™ GFX reserves the right to limit order quantities. For corporate volume licensing please contact: sales@canvasgfx.com

Copyright © 2018 Canvas™ GFX, Inc. All rights reserved.

8201 Peters Road, Suite 1000
                              Plantation, FL USA 33324
                              www.canvasgfx.com

Toll Free: 1-888-767-9888

Comment

Working...
                              X