Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canvas Draw 5 - PDF Adobe Export - Not Embedding Fonts (Symbol Font)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canvas Draw 5 - PDF Adobe Export - Not Embedding Fonts (Symbol Font)

I'm noticing that Canvas Draw 5 does not include (embed) the Symbol font text into a PDF Adobe export. I have to use CD 4 to do this.

After reporting this issue to Support, James gave me a work around that worked:

We will install acrobat to test it out. In the meantime, please try the following and let me know the result:

1) Save the PDF file in Canvas draw with the "PDF - Adobe Acrobat"

2) Print the file and then use the "Save as PDF" option

The symbol font will be embedded and rendered correctly in the resulting PDF files with those two methods in both Canvas draw 5 and draw 4.

Comment

Does it do a replace of the Save As file? Also, a print Save as PDF makes a larger file, I like using Save As so that I can change the dpi if needed.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by "do a replace of the Save As file." This procedure has you first going to the Print function of the document and then onto Print Settings..., and then there's a PDF function with a Save as PDF.

Comment

Let me reword it:

Does it do a replace of the first file? Also, Print... Save as PDF... makes a larger file, I like using Save As... PDF Abobe Acrobat so that I can change the dpi if needed.

I think you have to change the name of the file so the second one will not overwrite the first. Why not just do the save PDF from the print window only? I don't understand how saving twice with two different operations embeds the fonts in the first Save As... PDF - Adobe Acrobat version.

Comment

Yes, a PDF, with the same title, that's created from the Print window wants to overwrite a PDF created directly from CD5. Apparently by mistake, when saving my CD5 drawings to PDF, I have been using the PDF Adobe Acrobat (Advanced) selection whereas the PDF Adobe Acrobat does embed the Symbol font correctly. PDF Adobe Acrobat (Advanced) requires a change in a few checked boxes to embed the font. The PDF (Advanced) defaults in a setting that won't embed the font. I had to uncheck "Export Layers (PDF 1.5)" and check the three boxes under it to get the font to embed in a PDF. See attached screen grab of PDF (Advanced) / PDF Export Options .

Comment

Yes, I found that PDF Advanced is wonky, the other PDF Adobe Acrobat serves me very well so I stick with it.

Comment

Working...
              X