Turning Off Smart Snaps in CD 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning Off Smart Snaps in CD 5

Smart snaps in CD5 are driving me crazy. Very handy idea, but I can't align objects where I want them without them snapping to some sort of guideline location. Also, circles (shift key held down) snap to diameters of something else on the page. I have unchecked Snap to X and Snap to Y (Preferences, Grids and Guides) to no avail. Does anybody know how to turn off the snapping to the dimensions or features of other objects?

Tim

Click the Layout menu, then move down to Smart Snaps, then choose Smart Snaps On to uncheck it. That works only on a document by document basis, I don't see a way to make it default.

Comment

Thanks. It would be nice to have the dashed guidelines without the snapping. Interesting that Layout > Smart Snaps Settings goes to Preferences - Grids and Guides where the only setting for Smart Snaps is the color. I think the feature needs a little more work.

Tim

Comment

The development team has been continuously adding features to each new version, I'm sure a default control will be added to that Preferences section at some point.
        Last edited by kohanmike; 08-04-2018, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X