Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fractals

Does Canvas Draw have a Fractal tool?

What is that? Why do you want a fractal tool?

Comment

Canvas 9 & the short lived, Canvas Architect program had it.
      For instance, if you draw the outline of a pond or lake and convert it to Fractals, depending on the intensity selected, the outline will look like the lake or pond.
      I came across it recently in one of my programs, but haven't figured out which one.

Comment

If I'm understanding you correctly, the Fill of the draw outline takes on the pond image. I accomplish that by selecting the two images, then go to the Object menu, go to Clipping Path, then choose Make. The outline will then become filled with the image. I then go to the Image menu, go to Area and choose Render. In the box that opens I choose the resolution.

Click image for larger version

Name:	z clipping path.png
Views:	1
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	47746

I've done that when I want the body and headplate of a bass ukulele I'm modifying to look like the wood I'm planning on using.

Name:	Rondo burl pups 800.jpg
Size:	248.8 KB
ID:	47747

Comment

Canvas 9 shows an illustration of hand drawer mountain outline, and one that is Fractalized. Now the mountain outline is jagged to look real.

Comment

Can you post those two images so we can see what you mean?

Comment

I scanned page 21.22 of the Canvas 9 manual.
              The illustration is not too good, but you can see that the picture on the right looks more like mountain.
              I have Boxy SVG, Pixelmator, Inkscape and Canvas Draw 5 on my computer, and one of those programs had a Fractalizing tool, but I can't seem to retrace my steps.

Name:	Scan 9.jpg
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	47811

Comment

I guess you're saying it converts a vector image into a raster image (paint). Maybe just Render the vector object using low res, like 20. Here's a quick example. I selected the vector images then went to Image menu, then Render...

Name:	z Render menu.png
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	47815------ Click image for larger version

Name:	z Render dialog.png
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	47817

Name:	z Rendered Fractalize.jpg
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	47816

Comment

Not really . With great difficulty (my space is limited), I set up the old iMac, and drew the outline of a small lake. I then applied various Wiggle numbers and Density number to Curves to get the different pond outlines.

Name:	Screen shot 2018-11-09 at 2.37.57 PM.png
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	47819

Comment

I checked in my Canvas 9 instruction book and found on page 21.22 the fractalize instructions. The same instructions are here: http://files.acdsystems.com/english/...ng_objects.htm. I certainly can't find anything similar in Canvas Draw. My guess is that there is not much demand for the effect.

Tim

Comment

An interesting video about the discovery of Fractals.

Comment

Working...
                      X