Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanvasDraw 5 Launching As CanvasDraw 4

Hi,

I have all the versions of CanvasDraw on my Mac in the Applications folder. One thing I notice is Canvas 5 never gets launched when I open up any of my previously created CanvasDraw documents. I want to be using CanvasDraw5 but only CD 4 launches. If I create a document with CanvasDraw 5, save it, close it, and then open it up again, CanvasDraw 4 launches and opens it up and I'm working in CD4, not CD5. Do I need to trash my older CanvasDraw apps and leave only the latest CanvasDraw app (CanvasDraw 5) on my Mac?

That is a Mac thing. You don't have to get rid of Canvas Draw 4 as an active app. To get all Canvas Draw documents to open with Canvas Draw 5, right click on any .cvd file, click on Open With, click on Other, and select Canvas Draw 5 in the list that comes up and check the box Always Open With. An example is below.

Tim

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chose App.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	47775
    Attached Files

Comment

My CD5 app appears different than yours in my MacOS High Sierra Applications folder, CD5 version 5.0.0 build 28. How did you get to 5.0.1.37?

Comment

I updated. When updating, I always modify the app name to reflect what version I am using. Helps me keep track!

I don't believe your slightly earlier version has any effect on how the Mac OS decides which app to use.

Tim

Comment

I went to the ACD Systems website, logged in, and under my apps Canvas Draw 5 downloaded the available CD 5 update as you recommended. Funny thing: running CD 5 in itself didn't show this most recent update. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X