Guides Printing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guides Printing

I’m printing with Canvas 5.0.1 to an Epson inkjet. The guide lines are also printing. Easily fixed by turning the guides off before I print, but is this normal behavior? I’ve been using Canvas since it was a desk accessory and I don’t recall ever having the guides print.

Thanks,
    John
    Last edited by JAC; 11-12-2018, 05:07 PM.

I've had a couple of problems with v5 so I went back to v4, but some persist. I also recently upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra, I think that's more the problem for me.

Comment

I use CD5 with Mojave and just tested guide printing. Are you sure you don't have them selected to print? The illustration below shows what I mean.

Tim

Click image for larger version

Name:	Guides printing.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	47854
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Tim! You were 100% correct. The Guides were set to print in the Document Layout pane. I’ve used Canvas extensively and this is the first time I’ve had to worry about the guide layer being set to print, so I did a little testing, and I’m wondering if it is a bug?

If I create a new document and switch to the Master Page to set a guide it is initially set as non-printable on both the Master and Page #1 (as expected), but the second I move back to Page #1 the Guide Layer changes to printable on Page #1, but stays as non-printable on the Master. The same behavior is reproducible since at least version 2.

Bug?

Thanks!
        John
        Attached Files

Comment

It may be a bug, but not one I have encountered because my default document type is Illustration, so there is no Master Page.

Tim

Comment

Probably is a bug. It happens occasionally in Canvas X for Windows too, but I haven't determined any particular system to when it happens. I usually open Document Layout before printing a multipage document to make sure Guide printing isn't enabled on any layer or page.

Comment

Working...
            X