X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canvas for Mac

1. Could we have a dedicated Canvas for Mac sub-forum?

2. The community link at the bottom of
    http://www.acdsee.com/en/support/canvas-10-mac
    is broken!

3. Wikipedia says:
    ACD Canvas
    On June 4, 2013 ACD Systems announced that they have formed a new development team to support the release of Canvas for Mac OS X (Beta available in spring 2014).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACD_Canvas

4. When should we expect Canvas for Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)?

Thanks!

The last announcement I heard was a beta version might to out in mid to late 2014, with that kind of lead time, I would say they should make it functional for Mavericks.

There are two other Canvas forums created by Canvas users, both are fairly new, but do focus on Canvas for Mac:

https://getsatisfaction.com/canvasusers

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/w...sations/topics

Comment

Are you saying that all the users on those other forums aren't coming over here (to use the official forum) because there's no focused "Canvas for Mac" board?

You gotta be kidding.

There's no other Canvas posts on this forum! They have the place to themselves for f sakes!
      Sheesh!

Comment

No, no, I just wanted to inform anyone who does not know about the other forums that they exist. I, for one always sign up for the ACD official Canvas forum because I like to help people with Canvas when they have problems, no matter where they subscribe. In my experience with the original Wizaerds forum, most of those members were also members of the previous ACD forums.

Comment

I see.
          I thought it was some weird demand for Mac segregation.

Anyways, I hope they all migrate over here.
          This board has (or can have) all the things people have been wanting since the original forums were hacked to death.
          (I think the ball may be a bit slow to get rolling because we're all a bit gun shy....uprooted twice in the past few years...moving is always hell, whether actual or virtual.)

Comment

I made an announcement on both the other forums, but they also are fairly slow on the uptake. They don't have anywhere near the posts that used to be on the old ACD or Wizaerds forum (which was even more active than the ACD).

Comment

Could we have some feedback about the progress on Canvas for Mac from the horse's mouth? I mean, from ACDsee...

Comment

Not sure that anyone from ACD actually watches their forums officially, they only did on the previous forums from time to time. I guess there's a forum manager, but I don't think they know anything about what ACD is doing with program development.

Comment

The return of Canvas to the Mac?
                  As a Mac user of Canvas v5 through Canvas X build 926, I'm having some difficulty containing my excitement.
                  I really hope this materializes.
                  It was a mixed bag moving on to Abobe CS3. Working for an educational facility made the cost accessible. Now CS6 is the end of the road for as the mandatory cloud service is a deal breaker for me for many reasons: 1. I've paid for every bit of commercial/share-ware/donation-ware software since 1998 (I recently refurbished a dual-boot G4 for OS9 and OSX Tiger to access what seems like a never ending archive of Canvas and other legacy files); 2. Being busy in many circles, time is tight! The thought of paying a monthly fee just to mentally refresh my procedural knowledge is unacceptable!!! My use of graphics software, while immensely enjoyable, is sporadic throughout a given year, with some time needed to review a few things before engaging in a major project. This was never a worry. The cloud? Big worry. No Deal!!!

Canvas X for Mac OSX? Big Deal!!!

I can't wait for spring 2014.

Comment

I use Canvas X b926 every day for my work. I too will never rely on the cloud for my applications or store my documents. I have to have it all on my computer because there have been times when I'm doing work for a client where there is no internet service, or it's sporadic at best. I specifically bought early this year a refurb mid-2011 MacBook Pro 17" 2.2 Ghz i7, added 16 GB of RAM, 960 GB SSD internal, Thunderbolt external, so I could run OS 10.6.8 and Canvas X. No problems what-so-ever doing so.

I'm giving ACD the benefit of the doubt that they are diligently developing a new Mac version, and can certainly hold out for a good year or more.

Comment

The cloud is also a deal-breaker for me, for the reasons outlined above. Hopefully ACDsee releases a standalone Canvas for Mac soon. ACDsee, are you listening? Your feedback about the Canvas for Mac status will be most appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Dear Customers,

Today we released Canvas 15 for the PC! http://www.acdsee.com/en/products/canvas-15

Good news on the Canvas Mac front, we've increased the number of developers working on the Mac version now that Canvas 15 for PC has been released, and while we have Canvas X functioning on Mac, we're busy making sure that all the small stuff is working correctly, and hope to begin a closed public beta in spring of 2014.

If you are interested in having your name added to the beta list, please email customer support at:

https://acdsystems.desk.com/customer...tal/emails/new

Regards,
                        The ACD Team

Comment

I'm very glad to see that ACD is keeping us in the loop. Looking forward to a new Canvas for Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by mcosgrove View Post
                            Good news on the Canvas Mac front, we've increased the number of developers working on the Mac version now that Canvas 15 for PC has been released, and while we have Canvas X functioning on Mac, we're busy making sure that all the small stuff is working correctly, and hope to begin a closed public beta in spring of 2014.
                            Wow, wow, wow!!! AWESOME!!! Thanks!!!
                            Last edited by AceX; 11-20-2013, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Great news, indeed!

Does Canvas 15 for Mac support unicode text and open type fonts!? There are the only major complaints I had about the earlier releases.

Comment

Working...
                              X