Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Docking Pane - default selected palette?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Docking Pane - default selected palette?

Hi. Whenever I open Canvas 15 the Symbol Library palette on the Docking Pane is selected. I would like the Document Layout palette to be the default selection in the Docking Pane. Anybody know how to set this preference because I couldn't find it in the manual?

Open Canvas with an empty workspace. With all the palettes docked in the Docking Pane, drag the tab for Document Layout to the top of the Docking Pane. Click on the repositioned Document Layout tab to open the palette and then close Canvas. Reopen Canvas and you should have what you're looking for.

Comment

I tried that and although the Document Layout tab remains at the top, the Symbol Library continues to be selected after quitting and opening the application.

Comment

I may have left out a key ingredient. With the Document Layout tab at the top of the Docking Pane, and Document Layout palette displayed, create an object and Save a test file. Then Close Canvas and restart it.
        That sequence seems to get the Document Layout to show open when Canvas starts.

Comment

I'm discovering inconsistent behavior. If I double click an existing Canvas file in Windows 7 explorer, then Canvas shows the Symbol Library. If I open the Canvas application first, then open the saved Canvas file from within it, then the Document Layout tab is selected. Unfortunately for me, I always open from the files, not through the Canvas Open command.

Comment

You should open a support ticket with ACD. That behavior is not limited to version 15; it also manifests in Canvas X 2017.that Symbol Library is the default tab when double-clicking.a CVX file to open the program.

Comment

The default is actually the Canvas Assistant. The Symbol palette becomes the default when the Canvas Assitant palette is hidden.

Comment

Working...
              X